Can You Suggest a Good Auto Scanner?

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Looking to buy an Auto Scanner. Always a good tool to have anyways. Can you Suggest one?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
This is leaning a bit the other way but got a ?..do you have an android phone?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Well with the android phone there is a great app called Torque. And it is far beyond any scanner you will find.
On this app #1 you can read codes, it will then connect to you a website that will show you a more in depth analysis of the code. Then So Much more
all using the obd2 adapter you will get this
0-60
0-100
02 Bank Monitor
Coolant Temp
Outside Air Temp
Intake Temp
Manifold Pressure
Torque
HP
MPG
Fuel Used in dollars
Engine Load %
Relative Throttle position
Emissions Readout
HUD MODE set it on your dash to reflect in the window
Street Dyno full hp and torque curves
Alarms you can set up a RPM alarm, coolant temp alarm
Data and Trip Graphing

thats seriously the short list the app is ridiculous!

So thats 4.99 on android market
and the only other thing you need is
[EBAY]110844139534[/EBAY]

About $25 all together. That just hooks up to the obd2 your phone will pick up its bluetooth signal torque connects it and your good to go.

torque is all customizable layouts and colors and WIRELESS! Fraction of the cost of a scan gauge and it gets updated very often adding new features the developer stays on top of things! Been using since I bought the SS works flawlessly and If you need to read another cars code all you need is your receiver because your already going to have you phone anyway..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
I have a Snap-On scanner as well as 2 different model Actron scanners , the better actron I have is the $215 one that does just as much as the snap on one does and it prints as well

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
Not to hijack, but can an IPOD Touch run this app and work? I too am looking for a good economical scanner but do not have a android, but then realized the IPOD has and can run tons of apps......so anyone tried it?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
MedicatedMike said:
Not to hijack, but can an IPOD Touch run this app and work? I too am looking for a good economical scanner but do not have a android, but then realized the IPOD has and can run tons of apps......so anyone tried it?

There is an app for ipods but on those you have to run a WiFi obd2 unit which can get pricey. And it is a different app torque is Android only sorry but i forgot the name you can search it on the app store. But like said the most important is the WiFi obd2. Torque was the only reason I got this android lol I want my iPhone back! I'm pretty sure the iPhone would be able to support Bluetooth adapters BUT last time I saw the developer wrote the app to work with the WiFi ones.

MedicatedMike

Feb 24, 2012
well poo....isnt that just my typical luck! :biggrin:

Thanks for the quick and helpful response! :thumbsup:

Im curious what price range Freddie G was looking in.....bc Im trying to find a decent one for $100 or less range.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
+1 for Torque. Only the second app I've paid money for and easily the best app I have on my phone.

Freddy G.

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
MedicatedMike said:
well poo....isnt that just my typical luck! :biggrin:

Thanks for the quick and helpful response! :thumbsup:

Im curious what price range Freddie G was looking in.....bc Im trying to find a decent one for $100 or less range.

Same Price Range

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.