NEED HELP Can a front tow eye be attached to 07 saab97x

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
Can a front tow eye be attached to 07 saab97x

I’d like a tow eye, don’t care if bumper cover is cut to mount 2 hooks.

is this possible to mount to frame?

here's the type hooks I have but a tad longer. they came off my Buddies chevy 2500 dirtymax. when he upgraded his front bumper.

was planning to install on my van now want them on the 97x

this 97x primary function for is towing

Thanks i think every word is spelled correctly maybe mistakes on grammar punctuation runon sentences and basicelly bad english SM

Attachments

• 61Y4PokG75L._SL1500_.jpg
    61Y4PokG75L._SL1500_.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You'd have to do some modding to your setup, they wouldn't bolt up.

Here's a pic of the tow hooks that would bolt onto our platform without mods to the frame. Some bumper covers would require some cutting though.

And a diagram of how they are installed.

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
I’m not farmilar w/ off road stuff (yet) like hooks, eyes or the rear rings. I just learned why they use the rings on the rear of vehicle (for safety) that got my attention.

The hook you post seams like ½ a hook and the strap would fall off or is it mounted vertically?

Here’s the right side hook. I have the left also it is the same. I wouldn’t mind drilling holes in the frame to bolt it up but welding a mount mite not be strong enough.

I’m a little concerned about the 97x’s 4650LB retreving a 2400LB + vessel and 550LB trailer sometimes these boat ramps get slippery, hooks would be a nice piece of mind.

What’s the alternative to hooks that bolt on? Hate to admit, not even sure how a chain or strap would be attached w/out ruining the from bumper cover.

Can you open the mount diagram or post a link.

Yeah I haven’t posted in a while mainly because it takes forever for the site to load is GTM nation having problems?also the spelling nazi is irritating he still won’t circle in red the errors that he wants corrected.

Thanks for advice SMmy tow hook.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This thread should help in understanding how they mount up on a TB:
How to:Install tow hooks

You are correct that unless you punch a couple of holes in the front bumper cover, any type of tow hook on this truck won't work.

As for its ability to pull a load on a slippery slope, it's not well suited for that neither. It's part-time AWD system, which I call the "slip/bang" system, will let the rear wheels slip and then bang in the front wheels, which will eventually destroy the intermediate shaft in the front diff. You would need to convert it to a 4x4 system{
Converting from AWD to 4x4 Transfer Case (9-7x, Bravada, Rainier)

For the spelling/grammar thing, yours here now is fine. As long as it is readable and understandable, we have no issues with it. It's when it's a big long wall of words riddled with errors, it becomes very difficult to decipher and understand. We also have some people from other countrys that don't use the English language and we try and accommodate for that as well.

As for the speed of the site, it works fine for me and there haven't been any reports of any issues lately. It can happen but not at the moment.

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
yeah I've been working on english/grammar

thanks for excellent advice as usalle SM

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
thanks blk shadow the view, hook appears to be parallel to the bumper I was thinking it would be perpendicular.
I looked at the writeup MM supplied link for looks kindof easy. apparently the big bumper bolt is reused and the aluiminum bolts hold it in place.

what type of mod would be necessary for to use the hooks I have that came off the 2500?

did any gtm360 come from the factory w/ these type tow hooks?

the hooks look unnoticeable on the trailblazers already holed bumper. I thought they would stick out more. mite look terrible on the 97x.
maybe the threaded rod w/ a round hook would look better coming though the bumpers cover curious if it's ever been done on a 97x.

mite be better to use the unknown to me yet 97xs builtin tow hooks w/ hooks and chain.
Thanks Guy's SM

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That 2500 hook looks like it's specific to that truck's frame. You would probably be better to use an aftermarket hook like this:

You would still have to punch some holes in the bumper cover though to be able to use any type of hook.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove