Cams and other hotrod parts for the 4.2

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I guess most people aren't tracking all the cools stuff that IS available for the atlas engines. Steve Polhill makes all sorts of sweet billet products including cam cores starting around $200.

Click here for more

HPIM0428.jpg

Of course I have stand alone wiring harnesses, injectors, conversion injector harnesses, and reflashes (everything electrical for a turbo swap!) available on lime-swap.com

Marc has custom cast rear sumps and other bits on emtechmotorsports.com

And I think most people are familiar with the performance options on PCMforless.com

So there you have it, go get your knuckles busted :smile:

Spyw

Apr 23, 2012
Have fun cleaning that throttle body :crazy:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks Limquat. Even though I am broke, I am now itching to buy either cams or heads (or both) :hissyfit:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like that rear sump oil pan for a possible future project but the price I heard for it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like that rear sump oil pan for a possible future project but the price I heard for it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There's a couple options. Marc has the cast pan and corey sells a fabbed pan. I think they're both about $500. Corey's might be cheaper.
Most people just cut the sump off the I6 pan and weld it to the rear.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
limequat said:
Well...I know he's pretty busy. Is there anything in particular I can relay on?

Sure. I just wanted to know an estimated price for streetable cams and heads and if he would offer any core refund.

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Pittdawg said:
Sure. I just wanted to know an estimated price for streetable cams and heads and if he would offer any core refund.

You're looking at ~$400 in cores, and then you'd have to send them to another place to have them ground. Steve will cut the blanks, but he can't grind the profiles. There's some recommended grind profiles floating around here somewhere (it'll depend on you goals, but obviously you're in a DD not some crazy dragster). Figure another $150-$200 per cam for grinding.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Comp should have a list of recommended grinds for both early (02-05) and late (06-09) I6s, either on their website or call and they can email it to you. Marc emailed it to me a long long time ago (like Dec 2010) so mine's probably way outdated.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Be glad these aren't DOHC V engines. 4 cams to buy and grind $$$$$$ :crazy:

limequat

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
PRI-Racing said:
PittDawg

Really sorry I didn't get back to you. I searched my incomming Email but didn't see your Email. Not sure what might have happened.

If you or anyone else has any sort of questions regarding parts, feel free to Ask here, or Email me, or find me on Facebook.

Polhill Racing Innovations - London, ON - Automobiles and Parts | Facebook

Steve Polhill
Polhill Racing Innovations

I was asking about blanks a while ago...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online