caliper painting + purpose of res

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I wanted to paint my calipers buy I'm a noob when it comes to doing this and I don't have the correct tools to fully remove them. I was searching on YouTube and saw that they had some people painting them by removing wheels then covering rotors, cleaning calipers and sanding a bit. Is this a good way or should they be fully removed and painted? 2nd is what is the purpose of the res on our trucks? Dumb question:yes: but had to ask

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
NEVER even took off a caliper bolt
IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Autozone paint and I would say my brakes run HOTTTTTT and its holding like a champ
G3 Paint makes all the crazy colors if that's what you want. Autozone has the basics

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i/we painted mine with the caliper left on the truck...

2011-04-16173710.jpg

and the resonator just limits noise from i gather... and i think its just cosmetics when the folks chop them off..

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Boricua SS said:
and the resonator just limits noise from i gather... and i think its just cosmetics when the folks chop them off..
For offroaders it's a totally 100% functional mod to remove the resonator. Like the underslung spare tire, it hangs down, gets bashed and damaged by rocks, and if you ever need to go in reverse and it hits something, it's gonna break off or halt your progress. That ends up being a trail safety hazard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online