I've seen much worse.

Reactions: Capote

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well, it worked... kind of.

Reactions: Capote

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
I saw this on one of the RV sites I frequent. The guy was helping someone who broke down, rented the U-Haul and trailer to tow the rig. And the TB is only held down with straps.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah, the author implies (intentionally or not) that had the TB been secured with chains, instead, that the CHP would've wished the driver a good day & a safe trip.

Technically, it's a double-tow, which CA allows - as does IL (although I've never, ever seen it in this state except for commercial trucks).
If you count the tow vehicle, you can call it a 'triple', but to me, a vehicle doesn't tow 'itself', so...

@DocBrown -- not looking to stalk you online, but curious as to the RV sites you deem interesting? I know you've been trailering / RV'ing for a while now; I'm still a 'year one' guy.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
@DocBrown -- not looking to stalk you online, but curious as to the RV sites you deem interesting? I know you've been trailering / RV'ing for a while now; I'm still a 'year one' guy.

Jayco Owners forum and rv.net. I can't recall which site I saw that news story on.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Jayco Owners forum and rv.net. I can't recall which site I saw that news story on.

NP - I asked in hopes I might find another good source of general info, not for the article source, itself.
I've been to RV.net, and I don't own a Jayco product - but appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online