Cadillac cts or lincoln mks?

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Hey guys, I am looking to get a new car and I am looking between a cts or a mks. Now I test drove the mks yesterday and it's very nice and smooth. Has tons of features and picks up really well. Roomy on the inside. I am going to look at a cts today and test drive that but I still want to know from some of you guys. What would you guys get? A mks or cts. Now I don't want to hear how ford sucks (since we have so many ford haters) or how cadillac is bad etc. I don't want options outside of the 2 cars listed because I have seen lots of cars and I am between those 2. So what you guys think? Also why would you pick one over the other?

Also the 2 cars are the 2011 model

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
I vote for the CTS. The MKS is boring looking. Its only distinctive feature is its grill. You can spot a CTS a mile away. The MKS just blends in with the Camrys and Impalas.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
I'm a huge CTS fan and the 3.6 direct injected motor is a dream for a V6! I like the MKS too I think its simple elegance. Me personally, I drive a VW Passat, and love love it! But between the two you like I'd go with the CTS or the best deal. Lol but prob the CTS! :wootwoot:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
DocBrown said:
I vote for the CTS. The MKS is boring looking. Its only distinctive feature is its grill. You can spot a CTS a mile away. The MKS just blends in with the Camrys and Impalas.

Charley12 said:
I'm a huge CTS fan and the 3.6 direct injected motor is a dream for a V6! I like the MKS too I think its simple elegance. Me personally, I drive a VW Passat, and love love it! But between the two you like I'd go with the CTS or the best deal. Lol but prob the CTS! :wootwoot:

I see what your saying DocBrown, but the cts distinctive feature is a grill also. Now appearance wise there are both very nice cars. The Cts has that aggressive look to it which I love and the mks looks good from front to back also with a luxury look.

The Passat is a nice car and they seem to haul ass when needed lol but best deal wise goes to the mks they have great deals and you get a ton for your money in it. Both great cars with great features and I know I will not be upset with. Only thing the cts has that the mis doesn't is a remote start, keyless entry with where you walk up to the car to unlock and walk away it locks, and the nav can be hidden. Awesome features but the mks does have a hidden keypad on the pillar so you can leave the keys in the car and just use the keypad to unlock. I got to test drive the cts today which now I got to test drive both cars. The Cts has a really nice stiff steering making it feel like a sports car and very smooth on the turns. Road wise you can kind of feel it. Now the Mks was a very smooth ride. Not a bump it didn't take which I did not feel. Very good pick up and quiet. Much more roomy then the cts. I am a big dude and sitting in the mks didn't make a difference from the envoy and I like that room on the inside. Over all I am more then likely going to get a Mks. I seemed to like it way more. But if I do happen to find a better deal on the cts I would not be upset having one.

jrSS said:
I always liked the ctsv.

i wish I can afford the ctsv lol I am looking and hoping I can find a good mks ecoboost with the twin turbo. Those are quick and fun to have

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
The CTS-v is awesome. But I didn't comment on it because I didn't think you were looking at one. Besides, tires for that baby are $2k a set. A lot of people, even if they can afford the $70k for the car, aren't prepared for costs like that.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Charley12 said:
I'm a huge CTS fan and the 3.6 direct injected motor is a dream for a V6!

Is this the same motor as the Acadia? I don't know how the 3.6 has fared but I have heard many stories that this was a troublesome motor. I don't know all the details but definitely research this. A friend of my wife has one and they just had a monster repair bill from the direct injection system. I don't know but I'm still skeptical on this FI system being so new in the GM family.

I would go with the CTS-V if I was making your choice but obviously $$$ is a large factor.

ddgm

May 7, 2013
The MKS is a front drive based system which kind of leans me toward the CTS which is rear wheel drive based.
I have an STS which is a little bigger and nicer, I think. What about an Cadillac XTS or ATS? The direct injected 3.6L
has been out since 2008. Earlier 3.6 had some problems with timing chains but I think they have solved that issue.
I had a Lincoln Continental before the Cadillac, so I am not biased either way, but I do like the Caddy!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
DocBrown said:
The CTS-v is awesome. But I didn't comment on it because I didn't think you were looking at one. Besides, tires for that baby are $2k a set. A lot of people, even if they can afford the $70k for the car, aren't prepared for costs like that.

gmcman said:
Is this the same motor as the Acadia? I don't know how the 3.6 has fared but I have heard many stories that this was a troublesome motor. I don't know all the details but definitely research this. A friend of my wife has one and they just had a monster repair bill from the direct injection system. I don't know but I'm still skeptical on this FI system being so new in the GM family.

I would go with the CTS-V if I was making your choice but obviously $$$ is a large factor.

Yeah I can't do the cts-v its too much for me, still a college student lol See i Looked around the cts forums a bit and read quite a few people saying that they will never get a cadillac again. mainly because of repair cost and things like that. 2k for a set of tires is a bit much lol

ddgm said:
The MKS is a front drive based system which kind of leans me toward the CTS which is rear wheel drive based.
I have an STS which is a little bigger and nicer, I think. What about an Cadillac XTS or ATS? The direct injected 3.6L
has been out since 2008. Earlier 3.6 had some problems with timing chains but I think they have solved that issue.
I had a Lincoln Continental before the Cadillac, so I am not biased either way, but I do like the Caddy!

Well I am getting a AWD one anyway so it won't matter to me if its front or rear. In MI the AWD is a huge help. The XTS and ATS are nice but thing with those is there still fairly new so there price is another 10-15k more then the cts I would be looking at. Saw a great ATS black with black chrome wheels tints everything brand new at the dealership and it was $43,000 which is a bit much for me. It seems like the cts is a really fun car to drive tho, does have power, small and has that sporty edge to it. But I am liking the MKS more for some reason. Plus my uncle has a STS and its always having some kind of problem with it, or something isn't working like it should.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
CTS. Don't buy a junk Ford/mks.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
I'm sure that either will make a nice car. I just took about 3 mos deciding what to buy and ended up with the Passat because of the value and their Certified Per Owned warranty program. I came from a GM family. Both parents and grandparents work/ worked there. My Passat is more made in America than any american car!!! Lol... now I know the profit on a new one doesn't stay here and I'm not trying to start a debate on you thread! But I paid 16300 for an 09 with 55k on the clock. Fully loaded with a 2 yr 24k mechanical warranty. So not trying to change your mind, just a thought.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
ddgm said:
Earlier 3.6 had some problems with timing chains but I think they have solved that issue.

Yeah....I believe that was the primary issue....thanks.

Have you ruled out the BMW 335i or the 535i? The 335 is a beast, just curious. Other than that the CTS would definitely be my choice over the Lincoln.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Charley12 said:
I'm sure that either will make a nice car. I just took about 3 mos deciding what to buy and ended up with the Passat because of the value and their Certified Per Owned warranty program. I came from a GM family. Both parents and grandparents work/ worked there. My Passat is more made in America than any american car!!! Lol... now I know the profit on a new one doesn't stay here and I'm not trying to start a debate on you thread! But I paid 16300 for an 09 with 55k on the clock. Fully loaded with a 2 yr 24k mechanical warranty. So not trying to change your mind, just a thought.

German cars are very high quality cars and strong also. The certified per owner warranty for the lincoln is better then the cadillac one in my eyes. They also give 24hour road assist with it which is really nice to have. Thing is I read online they require a $100 deductible when serviced but the guy at the dealer said its all free so I will need to find out more on that.

gmcman said:
Yeah....I believe that was the primary issue....thanks.

Have you ruled out the BMW 335i or the 535i? The 335 is a beast, just curious. Other than that the CTS would definitely be my choice over the Lincoln.

Oh I have deff looked at the BMW 335i and 535i. There awesome cars and I would take a german car over those any day. I actually wanted a Audi A6 and found a ton of deals on them and the bmw's a couple months ago but of course now when I need a new one soon there is nothing. All the prices are high :frown: Probably going to wait on a german car for now though since there prices are higher and service is costly. Plus when I get one I want a nice one like a audi s5 or the Q7.

Thing with the lincoln is they seem to offer more in there cars then the CTS does. Everywhere I read the lincoln owners loved there cars, reviews are great on them. Over all I liked both cars, where ever the deal is I will be there pretty much. I will be happy with either one.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
I like the CTS. If it was good enough for Trinity its good enough for me. :smile:

Since everyone is tossing out other models. How about the Impala? That thing looks roomy for a big guy. Has got great reviews, including Consumer Reports. Only drawback for me would be surprisingly that its FWD:eek:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
well I got the lincoln mks! Pictures coming soon if anyone is interested!

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:

I'm interested!! Pics Pics Pics :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
mikeinDE said:

I will have some pictures up by tomorrow night! its dark out now so can't grab any.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:

Well, I give congrats on the new ride, cannot tell you what works best for you.....both are nice. However.....

I don't think you should park it close to the 360...bad juju. Better get a scantool if you don't have one cuz your voy is gonna start reminding you of going to the dark side. :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
mikeinDE said:

Here are some pictures...also let the led mods begin. Hello mod bug lol

First mod, made those lights into led

gmcman said:
Well, I give congrats on the new ride, cannot tell you what works best for you.....both are nice. However.....

I don't think you should park it close to the 360...bad juju. Better get a scantool if you don't have one cuz your voy is gonna start reminding you of going to the dark side. :biggrin:

Thanks!

loll Maybe I like the dark side! :2thumbsup:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I want to know why that early 90s corolla sits in the garage while the Yukon and the new mks are out....

J/k but congrats on the new ride those are sweet. Enjoy the bells and numerous whistles

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
willn513 said:
I want to know why that early 90s corolla sits in the garage while the Yukon and the new mks are out.

Took the words out of my mouth....:biggrin:

Nice ride. Interior looks sweet also.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Shoulda got a shelby gt500 :raspberry: the dark side is tempting but i think the force will be strong and i'll get an SS/aero but boricua is scaring me into getting a 5.3 Denali/9-7x lol we'll see when the time comes (hopefully sooner than later)

But congrats!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
willn513 said:
I want to know why that early 90s corolla sits in the garage while the Yukon and the new mks are out....

J/k but congrats on the new ride those are sweet. Enjoy the bells and numerous whistles

loll trust me I am not happy its in there also. The brake fluid pipes are leaking and we had to change the plates over to the new car so its sitting in there so no cop tickets us for a car on the side with no plates. We are going to call and donate the car soon, then my new one goes in there.

Thank you! I am loving all the features it is offering me. One thing I am loving at night is the adaptive headlights. There great!

gmcman said:
Took the words out of my mouth....:biggrin:

Nice ride. Interior looks sweet also.

Thanks!

Ryda55555 said:
Shoulda got a shelby gt500 :raspberry: the dark side is tempting but i think the force will be strong and i'll get an SS/aero but boricua is scaring me into getting a 5.3 Denali/9-7x lol we'll see when the time comes (hopefully sooner than later)

But congrats!

Those shelby gt500 are pretty crazy!! I wanted more of the luxury car. I only wish I could have gotten the ecoboost mks with a twin turbo but I couldn't find any by me :sadcry: its fine the 3.7L in this is pretty good. It picks pretty quick.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online