Cabin filter

Envoy

Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Where is the cabin filter in my Envoy? I am trying to do some maintenance myself, but I can't find where this filter is.

Thanks

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I do believe that 02's and maybe 03's only had cabin filters. Don't think urs does... any one else wanna chime in?

Envoy

Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
silvernclean said:
I do believe that 02's and maybe 03's only had cabin filters. Don't think urs does... any one else wanna chime in?

Well that would explain why I can't find it.

I didn't get an owners manual with my truck. So I was just kind of guessing.

Thanks

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
silvernclean said:

Us 02-03 guys got the access door, but not the filters. And GM didn't even tell us about the door.:frown:

Envoy, you may be able to add them to yours. From what I have read, the 04+ hvac box is the same as the 02-03s except they don't have the access door nor the cutout to remove/install the filters. Some 04+ guys have sourced the earlier models parts, cut a hole out of their hvac box, and installed the filters. I don't think I've seen anyone with an 08 attempt this, so I would recommend that the first thing you should do is verify that you have the same hvac box as the ones that have been confirmed to be modifiable.

I made a video for my 03, it shows how to get under the hvac box to get to the filter. You can compare the hvac box in your 08 to the 03 in the video and see if they are the same (minus the door, of course)

It's the 16th video in this thread, 02-03 cabin air filter install

http://gmtnation.com/f40/superstars-how-videos-thread-229/

Dec 4, 2011
I have done my 06 Envoy Denali. Cut the box and used a door cover from an 00 Silverado (I think). I had to cut and mod the door but it fit in real nice with the addition of a couple of layers of foam tape. Quite enjoy the cleaner interior cabin air.

Here is a YouTube with the door I used and modified. [video=youtube;L37x4b35L8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37x4b35L8U[/video]

Not hard to do and took about an hour in total.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
That reminds me I need to do mine. Got the door, but what filter y'all recommend?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
HARDTRAILZ said:
That reminds me I need to do mine. Got the door, but what filter y'all recommend?

I used microgard, it made a big difference on those dusty trails this last summer.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy said:
I didn't get an owners manual with my truck. So I was just kind of guessing.

Service Manuals courtesy of Mooseman in this thread
I don't think Owner's Manuals have been uploaded here yet, but they are on the OS. :lipsrsealed:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I have a number of the owners manuals in PDF's that we haven't uploaded yet. If you send me an e-mail address I will send yours to you.:cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online