C0455 Service Stabilitrac

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
I am reluctant to post about this because I know it's a known issue with the SWPS and so much has been written about it. I feel like I've read all of it too. I've replaced the SWPS twice. Once with a Dorman and once with an OEM sensor. Each time the light reappears immediately.

I've tried parking with the wheels straight. Turning the ignition to start while driving does make the light turn off but it comes back eventually while driving.

I'm not keen on buying another sensor and I honestly do not know what else to try.

Is there an actual service procedure for the system meaning any kind of maintenance that should be done at some point? The light didn't come on the first 3-4 years i drove the vehicle so I feel like there's a way to fix it. It doesn't seem to affect anything when it's on. The vehicle still drives the same. ABS works etc...

Any ideas on what I might look into at this point? I am determined to fix this problem no matter how long it takes or how much work. I don't think we should just have to "live with it" even though that may turn out to be the outcome.

I do have a code reader that does ABS and as mentioned in the title I get one code only. C0455. Thank You in advance and I'm sorry to rehash an old topic but none of what I've read seems to give me any ideas beyond replacing the sensor again which didn't seem to fix it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So replacing the SWPS does not fix it at all? I'd check the wiring and grounds.

Has this truck been in a flood or something? Seems that's all you're getting on it.

Reactions: jmonica

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
No it hasn't been in a flood though it was driven in some severe weather. Like deep slushy snow. I'm about to to do the engine bay cleanup so I'll be removing and cleaning a lot of it, so I'll be cleaning and checking all of the grounds. I'm also replacing the carpet and want to install some dynamat so I will be checking grounds inside as well. The second time I replaced the sensor, I feel like it worked for a while. I was feeling good and riding high for a while and the light came back.

If you think the sensor has got to be the problem, I will buy another one (OEM) and put it in. There doesn't seem to be much else it can be. Maybe I installed the last one wrong. I thought i had the steering wheel centered but I was using bungee cords and duct tape to hold in place since we have no steering lock. I remember it was snowing at the time and i was doing it outside so I was probably in a hurry. Will get a new one and report back. Thank You as always Mooseman!

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
I don't do the same thing multiple times will do anything more than get the same result... :smile: It is unlikely that your problem is the sensor.... but it depends on what exactly was the original problem.

Anyway, watch this video to get an idea of where to look.

Yes he has a scanner / data reader but you don't need that exactly as a simple meter check will tell you almost as much. Again, do simple resistance meter chacks towards the sensor and again towards the brake control module. Since two circuits are involved, compare the results of the two and that will likely tell you where your problem is. NOTE: his one check is under the body near the tranny (if I see right) which means that connector is a likely trouble spot... or the brake controller itself which is where his problem seemed to end up.... he deduced this because of the data being received by the scanner which was not changing yet checks along the cable route showed "good signal".

Reactions: jmonica

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online