buzzing noise thru radio

icedude57

Original poster
Aug 17, 2014
good eve all new guy here so be nice lol i have a 2006 gmc envoy denali with cd and nav system the problem im having is that there is a buzzing noise coming thru the radio it is on and off and to make it stop i have to hit the center console any body have any ideas? or suggestions? again thanks ---sarge

Gutless

May 27, 2014
Does yours sound the same level regardless the radio volume? Will it stay on for about 30 seconds after startup or does it happen all the time until you hit the dash?

I have the same issue with mine and havnt got enough miles on it to diagnose it. Mines only on startup and is pretty loud coming from like the center of the dash.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The center console where? Like between the seats? Do you have rear-seat audio? If so, yes this is a common problem, caused by a loose connection to the rear-seat audio system. Usually the buzzing would come from the rear speaker(s). TSB #PIT3522E references this very problem.

Hitting the dash? That's a new one. Likely a loose connection in this instance, too. The "30-seconds-on-startup" thing sounds like the EMI from the SAIS system is affecting your radio system in some way. So in that case, check the radio connection AND the SAIS connections, the valve is easy to check but the air pump will require crawling underneath.

Reactions: Beacon

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Did a search before posting a new thread and found this one. I think this is the issue we just experienced, still need to do some verification as I wasn't in the 'voy when it happened. The issue cured itself after a restart.

For future reference I found this thread from the OS: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=39301

And a thread here: http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/nasty-humming-noise-in-my-left-passenger-speaker.5470/

I still haven't found any how to/pics on removing the rear console radio controls. If I do I'll post back.

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
I have a similar issue, and it gets worse when I'm in reverse and my LED back-up lights are illuminated. I'm taking my head unit out for a revamp soon. Would using some dielectric grease on all the connectors prior to re-installation help?

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
I have a similar issue, and it gets worse when I'm in reverse and my LED back-up lights are illuminated. I'm taking my head unit out for a revamp soon. Would using some dielectric grease on all the connectors prior to re-installation help?

Well, I R&R'd my factory head unit, cleaned and greased the connections, but had no improvement. It's on to ground chasing...

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Well, I R&R'd my factory head unit, cleaned and greased the connections, but had no improvement. It's on to ground chasing...

Now the audio cuts out when going over bumps! The head unit stays powered, but there is no output. Maybe a loose connection at the amp? More digging...

Martyelzz4

Jan 3, 2013
Sprague, WA
I was having a similar problem with my Saab just before I left PA to move back to WA in June. Somewhere here I read about the dielectric grease for the unit in the console; well I pulled it out and sprayed both sides of the connector with CRC tuner cleaner and I've not had the problem yet. I am going to see how long it lasts before I have to clean it again. If I do have to clean it again.. I'll add the dielectric grease AFTER it is cleaned first.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.