NEED HELP Burnt blower resistor and hot breaker

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
I run to another problems now. I believe there is evil living inside my car.
When the blower Motor stopped working. I checked the rear fuse block . my fingers burn when I touched the seats bog fuse. It was really very hot. The black blastic cover was also near to melt from the fuse high temperature .
I removed the fuse for safety .I don't have a spare for this type. As long its seats so its secondary thing but its still important why its hit like this. Also there is no power in the seats even with fuse in there.
I will replace the blower and the resistor pack .

Attachments

• ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥٣٣.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥٣٣.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥٤٥.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥٤٥.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 7
  • ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥١٣.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥١٣.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 7
  • ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥٢٣.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٥٢٣.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 7
  • ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٤٤٦.jpg
    ٢٠١٩٠٨١٤_٠٠٥٤٤٦.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Wow
Reactions: Maverick6587

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You're not alone. I've had that too. Fuse was probably hot because of the extra resistance in the burnt connectors.

Yeah, I thought that my truck was possessed as well but once all these bugs were fixed, it was solid for 6 years until the tranny blew up with over 330 000 km.

Reactions: yazan

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
You're not alone. I've had that too. Fuse was probably hot because of the extra resistance in the burnt connectors.

Yeah, I thought that my truck was possessed as well but once all these bugs were fixed, it was solid for 6 years until the tranny blew up with over 330 000 km.
Is the blower motor resistor related to seats big fuse .in rear box?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think so. You sure you're looking at the right one? Seats shouldn't be drawing power unless you're moving the seats.

Reactions: yazan

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
I don't think so. You sure you're looking at the right one? Seats shouldn't be drawing power unless you're moving the seats.
Yes. Its a big metallic 30a fuse that burn my fingers.. . And Ijust removed it to check the wires and there is power in the blower harness . so its not related.
and i keep it removed. Iam afraid of digging under the seats there is yellow connectors I thinks its air bag sockets or impact sensore? What if I disconnect this sockets?

Regarding the blower… Its really hot here these days. Even house air conditioner is sacrificing and suffering from heat.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Do you know the number for it according to the diagram inside the cover? BTW, that would be a circuit breaker, not a fuse. Essentially does the same thing but resets itself when tripped.

Definitely don't touch the yellow connectors, as you said, they are for airbags.

If the breaker for the seats is getting hot and you`re not doing anything with the seats, there is a possibility that a switch is stuck and powering a seat motor needlessly. You were right to pull that particular breaker. Is just one or both seats power adjustable? If just the one, you may have to unbolt the driver seat to investigate where the power is going.

BTW, I have created this thread and moved these posts from your other one regarding engine issues.

Reactions: mrrsm and yazan

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I sometimes get chastised "Flatter than Hammered Sh*t" for embracing explanations considered Way Over The Top to suit certain explanatory situations. But most of the time when that happens... there is a SAFETY ISSUE at the Heart of My Thinking and Concern about these things. THIS is one of THOSE Times:

It is Extremely Important to Understand all that follows:

(1) The Fine Dust around ALL of the Objects, Parts, Components, Devices and Electrical Wiring and Connectors shown inside of all your Photos... indicates that your Local Environment is one that is plagued with Desert Sand Storms and/or Driving Repeatedly on Bad, Bumpy Roads. That Dust can gradually wear down the Contacts Between Connectors and Connecting Devices.

(2) These Environmental Issues DIRECTLY relate to this present problem of Melted Connectors on BOTH sides of these Components due to Excessive Vibrations and the Presence of Fine Abrasive Particles invading these Electrical Connections... causing Physical BREAKS in Electrical Conduction within ALL of these Non-Solid State Connections.

(3) This implies that there is a PHYSICAL PROBLEM OF RAPID CONNECT-DISCONNECTS WITHIN THE MATED CONNECTORS AND THE DEVICES and Invite RAPID ELECTRICAL ARCING IN BETWEEN THEM.

(4) In the Absence of having Solid State Connections ...this means Soldered and Shrink Insulated with Sealing Glue as an Insulator... ANYTHING that is inside of your Vehicle that uses a Press Fit Connectors married to Connections with Motors/Relays/Radio, etc., will suffer these events after being exposed to Frequent Vibration Disturbances within Dust Invaded Electrical Connections.

(5) The Locations where these Electrical Arcs occur are PLACES OF EXTREMELY HIGH TEMPORARY ELECTRICAL RESISTANCE that will eventually ARC at Very High Temperatures sufficient to Melt the Plastic Housings around these Connectors and Short Circuit them with Sparks and Flames resulting under the Dashboard (Unseen) from the Melting and Burning Plastic catching Fire... or igniting OTHER Flammable Objects nearby. These problems can occur...before a Fuse or Relay can interrupt the Circuit!

(6) "Bad Vibrations" can become accentuated in Vehicles where the Connectors are only 'casually' plugged together and NOT Zip-Tied and Secured so they Do NOT Swing and Move Back and Forth...Un-Tethered. The other more 'pressing' Vibration Culprit will be having VERY BAD MOTOR MOUNTS. This condition can be discovered if you can see any "Sticky Black Gel Goo" pasted on the Wheel Well areas adjacent to and underneath the Lower Motor Mount areas. This happens when the In-Dwelling Gel leaks out after being Pounded to Death and pouring, squeezing then squirting out under pressure through Cracks in the Motor Mount "Rubber Bulb" Carcasses.

GM42LEAKINGMOTORMOUNT.jpg

While this Video involves an Exemplar Circuit for a Common Canadian Housing Construction Wiring Safety Issue... The PRINCIPLES are IDENTICAL with what is occurring inside of your SUV. What happens during this Video is EXACTLY what has happened inside of your SUV to Short Circuit and Destroy the Blower Motor Connectors/Connections and ELSEWHERE...but perhaps NOT as yet Discovered within OTHER Modules and Devices inside:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It has happened to me and no sandstorms here. The blower is a high amperage draw motor that naturally makes heat at all connection points that were woefully under-specd by engineers. All we can do is replace the affected parts and connectors. And as the blower ages and creates more internal resistance, it slowly increases the power demand to make it run, thus making even more of that heat.

Now for that breaker getting hot, which is not related, you have to check what is causing this continual current draw. In the meanwhile, you are safe keeping the breaker pulled out as it shouldn't affect any other system. You just won't be able to adjust your seats until you get this figured out.

Reactions: Mektek

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online