Broken out Window.

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Walked out my door this morning and saw my neighbors poor Envoy driver window broken out. I quickly went and told her. looks like it was hit out with some golf clubs because there's some dents on the door. Im glad this wasn't my Trailblazer there would be some A$$ kicking to do.View attachment 20730

Attachments

• castlebrook+5.jpg
    castlebrook+5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 109
  • castlebrook+6.jpg
    castlebrook+6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 109
  • castlebrook+7.jpg
    castlebrook+7.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 110

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
dam... thats always a bad sight even if its not to your car.. dam people!! :mad: did they steal anything out of the voy??

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Looks like my Voy did back in November when someone broke in to steal the 50 dollar GPS unit... With my new laptop sitting on the back seat, wallet with a couple hundred bucks sitting on the passenger seat... nope, they just wanted the GPS..

Some people..

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
That is one of the most unpleasant feelings. The person or people who broke into mine took the radio, and sunvisors. They left the $2k worth of tools, my rc car and a lot of other stuff. It was not a cheap repair either.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
That's so annoying, get a life people will go to jail over $10 items sitting on a front seat my friend had a pack of cigarettes stolen before ridiculous!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My lil brother had the silver change stolen out of his blazer...picked out the pennies and tooks a few bucks of quarters, dimes, n nickels.

My blazer got the door popped and they took EVERYTHING tools, clothes, stereo, speakers, change, and busted the column trying to steal it. Then two days later I had put another cd player in it and the other side got the window shattered and the stereo stole again....30 miles apart. Shitty thing was the passenger door still did not lock so no reason to bust the window...plus the stereo had no faceplate.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
god dam ^ :hopeless: thats insane man.. just goes to show you people are desperate.. sucks tho. you need to put a camera somewhere to watch your truck :crazy:

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
It’s a criminal enterprise. Our possessions provide many things for many others, and even come to rest in other parts of the world. In most cases they are after what’s in, in sight, and quickly obtained, best bang for the buck items. In most cases! There are others reason’s, last year I recall a spurt of cars around city streets and parking lots being hit, and the only things disturbed were glove compartments and visors. In many cases items in plain sight left untouched, but documents with addresses, and garage door openers gone.

03TB93 said:
...you need to put a camera somewhere to watch your truck
They may just take that too.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
We had kids (presumably) going around shooting out windows with a pellet gun. Not even taking anything, just destroying property. Not saying I was a saint, but we drew the line short of random personal property damage.

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
I don't even lock anymore. Cheaper to replace a few items in the truck than to replace a window.

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
03TB93 said:
dam... thats always a bad sight even if its not to your car.. dam people!! :mad: did they steal anything out of the voy??

All that was stolen was her CD's, Tums, and about $5 in change in a cup holder. Ridiculous! She believes it might of been a angry family member or Ex husband or just some stupid teenager. This is why i park my TB in the garage :biggrin:

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
if they also put dents in the door id say its somebody she knows...a random thief is gonna break the window to get in and steal stuff not stand there and bang dents in the door.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
jayd1563 said:
if they also put dents in the door id say its somebody she knows...a random thief is gonna break the window to get in and steal stuff not stand there and bang dents in the door.

The put some pretty significant dents in my D pillar, not to mention the center console, dash bezel, and a nice chunk out of the steering wheel. Maybe the person was drunk, aimed for the window and went a bit low.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I am guessing when they broke into mine, they used a tire iron or something. Whatever it was, it also hit the steering wheel, and broke off a rubber chunk, and, broke the steering wheel controls..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online