Brews - Beers - Whatcha been drinking?

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
BlazingTrails said:
Did you guys know that Coors and Keystone are the same beer? My brother in law works a miller, and he said they just change the cans out and keep filling. Keystone is usually about $2 less.
:yes:

BlazingTrails said:
One of my favorites to this day is Killian's Irish Red, it is a good reasonably priced beer.
That's also made by Coors. Once a year, my family makes an effort to cruise up to the Coors brewery in Littleton. You wouldn't believe how many beers are subcontracted under Coors. Not only to get to see beer being made, the adults get free beer!! I guess you could say that's a perk of living in the best state in the U.S. :thumbsup:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
In St Louis anheuser busch has similar. Free tour and couple free brews after. If you pay $10 you get a "beer school" and try about 5 more beers. Definitely worth it.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Had a few different ones lately.

Bells Saturn- 12% Bourbon Barrel Age Barelywine. Its pretty potent at 12% but its a dang good beer.

Bells Mercury Belgium Style ale. Pretty good beer!

Atwater brewery Dirty Blonde My 2nd favorite beer. This is my "Light" beer. Just has a great taste the whole way through. I hate Bud Light, Budwiser, Etc...

Atwater Brewery Vanilla Java Porter. Lost its flavor halfway through but still a good beer.

Shock Top Honey Crisp Wheat was not the greatest thing in the world. I found the Reds Green Apple Ale far better,

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Last night was a variety night.

Saranac Prism Whie Ale

Some New Belgium brews

Finished with a few Natty

But did start it right with one of these sweet brews

Reactions: C-ya

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Have to see if I can get some of that Slow Ride IPA..... :yes:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sam Adams Porch Rocker tonight. Thought I'd give it a shot. Not bad.

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drank some Coors Original yesterday and rather enjoyed it. May be the new go to cheap beer

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Years ago when i worked at a restaurant/microbrewery the brewer said that Coors Original was the purest/best of cheap American beers and although I did not enjoy it then, the statement stuck with me and when it was offered up, I drank a few and can appreciate where he came from: esp drinking more different beers and having a far better appreciation of beers in general now than I did then at 21.

Reactions: C-ya and Robbabob

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
smt 59 said:
Molson Canadian eh!
Funny but, at my son's MX track, the eve before a race we have a huge Bon fire and the Americans will be drinking Molson Canadian and the Canadian riders will be drinking Coors and Buds....go figure :confused: ...Mike.

Reactions: smt 59

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Since its vacation, and I can drink every day, I've been enjoying two of my favorites Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout and Illusive Traveler Grapefruit shady

Reactions: dmanns67 and C-ya

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
AManders6 said:
Since its vacation, and I can drink every day, I've been enjoying two of my favorites Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout and Illusive Traveler Grapefruit shady
I just tried the milk stout and it was pretty tasty. The one local place had Grapefruit Shandy and it really surprised me. Paired with salmon tartar it made for a great meal last week.

Reactions: AManders6

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Found the Dundee Summer to be a nice brew. Any one found any summer brews that are good this year?

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
Lately I have been drinking a lot of Small Town Brewery's Not Your Father's Rootbeer. It tastes like normal root beer but the bottled variety is 6% alcohol and the few bars with it on tap have a 19% version. It's dangerously delicious!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I just don't get the thrill of that stuff. If I want root beer...I get root beer. I keep root beer schnapps in the fridge if I want an alcoholic root beer.

But with all the reviews of it...I should prolly try it before I really knock it.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
I tried it yesterday, my old man was having one when I stopped to see him. It was good, just really sweet. I don't think I could drink more than one back to back. Very much a dessert beer to me. Would make an awesome root beer float though

Reactions: Decado

Decado

Sep 16, 2013
That pretty much nails it. It's a dessert beer and 1-2 of them is plenty enough because of the sweet factor. Root beer floats with them are great. I don't drink soda anymore so it's a nice treat to have them, plus I don't drink beers back to back for getting drunk (that's what whiskey is for) so it's a great refreshing beverage IMO.

I think the reason that it gets such great reviews are because even if you don't care for it, it's easier to at least appreciate what it is as opposed to other specialized beers like a hoppy/bitter IPA or a heavy stout.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drank a few Angry Orchards yesterday in the pool. Was the right brew for the hot day. The Apple ginger was refreshing.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I had a 34 oz. Tapistry Reactor IPA with lunch Saturday. They are a local southwest Michigan microbrewery. I tried another local brewery's offering, Lucky Girl Pineapple IPA. Tasty! I also drank a 740 ml bottle of a clone of Aventinus that I brewed along with a couple of my Apricot Wheats.

The wing joint we ate at had the Not Your Father's Root Beer, but I didn't get any since 34 oz of 7% ABV Reactor was plenty!

Found the Dundee Summer to be a nice brew. Any one found any summer brews that are good this year?

I'll have to try to find that one.

I brewed some wheats with fruit flavoring for summer brews, but they are almost all gone. I like the Leinie Shandy's. I'll be brewing another batch of an IPA that was really tasty earlier this year, as well as another batch of my Fat Tire and Magic Hat #9 clones. MH#9 is a good summer beer, IMO.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
HARDTRAILZ said:
Personally I hate this trend to put all different kinds of fruit in beer( summer brews). There are so many great craft beers and ales out there. This fruit craze seems to be a gimick to catch the amateur beer drinkers.
If you want a fruit drink...drink punch!! :hissyfit: Mike.

Reactions: Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They are great for a little hair of the dog after a dozen or so good IPA the night before.

I never been a fruity beer fan but one here or there is nice change up to cleanse the palette

Reactions: northcreek

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Decado said:
Lately I have been drinking a lot of Small Town Brewery's Not Your Father's Rootbeer. It tastes like normal root beer but the bottled variety is 6% alcohol and the few bars with it on tap have a 19% version. It's dangerously delicious!
I did try one last night. If it had been in a glass, I would have said it was root beer. No beer or alcohol flavor at all. Different and an interesting take on root beer for sure.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Had some beers lately worth mentioning.

follymothership_l.png

Fat Tire is still the same basic brew.
Mothership Wit return is the reason I keep buying this pack.. Damn good brew.
The Citradelic is different but surprisingly tasty.
Slow Ride is a good middle of the road crafty brew without anything overbearing.
Haevy melon is just flipping odd and not a big fan at all.

SLA_Bottle-Can_WEB.png

Nice drinking beers. Good for grilling out with more flavor than the typical cheap brew.

My favorite semi-local brew for a good little bit has become Taxman Brewery from Bargersville, IN Seems everything I have had is good.
logo.png

Rye’t Off | biere de mars --is a good strong beer but still plenty drinkable
Gold Standard | abbey blonde-- is their most basic brew, but quite good from the tap
La Maison | saison-- Is my current favorite. A farmhouse style with some hops and good alcohol content and plenty of flavor to enjoy

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Dr Smurto's Golden Ale...my house beer.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
@HARDTRAILZ , I grabbed a 12 pack of the New Belgium after reading your reviews.

Mothership Wit is damn tasty! I agree with you - I'll keep grabbing them. I'll have to find a good recipe to brew.

I like the Citradelic and any other beer with citra hops.

Heavy Melon is a weird one. I wasn't sure what to think the first few swigs, but I kept drinking. One drink would give a melon aftertaste and one would be the lime. By the time I finished it, I was kinda digging it. I'll see how the other one goes before I commit any more time or money to it.

Slow Ride is a good one for drinking along and enjoying it. Good session beer.

Fat Tire is one of my favorite beers. I have a good clone recipe for it.

Anybody here using Untappd? I see interesting beers that other people are drinking and can add them to a wish list to look for when I go to the beer store. I'm C-ya on there as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Have not checked that out yet.

RedRocketZ28

May 16, 2014
7183b3e5f0bf2a588e38eabcda9851ec.png

LeiniSummer.png

My two go-to beers at the moment.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I like just about everything Leinie.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the Leinie Shandy Variety. Grapefruit makes for a great morning after hair of the dog drink

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
The only Leinie Shandy I like is Summer Shandy. All the rest of that fruity crap I just can't deal with. That's about the lightest beer I'll drink. Mostly I like a good amber, porter or stout. My favorite amber is Milwaukee Brewing's Louie's Demise. They make a seasonal amber aged in whiskey barrels called Louie's Resurrection. Fantastic!

If you are ever near Chippewa Falls, WI, don't miss the Leinies tour.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is my go to beer for everyday.

beer_405.jpg

On nice days in the back yard while BBQ'ing

SCA%20beer-glass-RGB.jpg

As a backup to the Miller, of course, this is also another favourite:

MOOSEHEAD.jpg

As a last resort when drinking out, and nothing else is available, I will drink this. It's OK, just not the best.

keiths.jpg

When I'm traveling, I love trying local and regional brews. It's interesting to see what locals like. Also like trying micro-breweries' suds.

I will not, and cannot, drink any of the "cheap" crap brands like Coors, Bud, Canadian or Blue. They give me migraines.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
MGD is same cheap crap as coors or bud. Seems that more cheap drinkers of the younger gen around here are going with miller actually. Noticed at a couple local festivals and was surprised since my area has always been a bud/bush/natty crowd for couple decades. All the young ones are carrying around miller variations though. Still not a fan myself, but wont turn down a cold one if offered :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online