Brews - Beers - Whatcha been drinking?

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
northcreek said:
You have tourists??:wink:

Only for the summer months, then we can drop the act and just be ourselves again :biggrin:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Quidi Vidi 1892, a great beer from a local brewery.
My fav when I'm in your part of the world:
black-horse-beer-21355280.jpg

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
RayVoy said:
My fav when I'm in your part of the world:
black-horse-beer-21355280.jpg

Pony Piss!
Ya got to have a lead lined stomach to drink that stuff :wink:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
Pony Piss!
Ya got to have a lead lined stomach to drink that stuff :wink:
:rotfl::rotfl:, guess mine is lead lined :rotfl:, although, I'd have thought you might consider it moose piss, :rotfl:, oh wait, we have that over here
7306.jpg

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Panther1911 said:
I really like their Spotted Cow

Back in July we went up to PA and stayed in and around Lancaster and spent a nice portion of the day at the Lancaster Brewing Company.

Many good choices but this was my favorite, I developed a close relation with said brew.

Attachments

• hop-hog2.jpg
    hop-hog2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 51

Bub

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Picked this beer up at the local supermarket, brewed by Coors, they claim it's an old pre-prohibition reciepe for a lager. The story is cool if you ask me but being Coors I'm gonna call bull, however it's delicious smooth super filtered so you can throw back a 6 pack and not explode and at 5.5% ABV it packs a lil punch and tastes great. highly recommend

2012-10-01182727.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
willn513 said:
Oak-aged, imperial unearthly. Mmmmmmmmm.
a9uzavyz.jpg

Have to try that one, I've really been abducted by the IPA,s....presently enjoying Harpoon IPA...so much beer so little time!
View attachment 29406

Attachments

• Harpoon-IPA-Back-Label.jpg
    Harpoon-IPA-Back-Label.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 34

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Harpoon makes a rye ipa that is bad ass. It's called rich and dans rye ipa. If you like the regular, you'll like that one too.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Tried this Micro-brew last weekend. Not too shabby. Most Canucks should know who he is/was.

9221622335_b3fea9e112_c_d.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You guys are posting some interesting beers. Most of it I can't find here. :frown:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Have been trying the apple ciders lately for a change are they good. Like Angry Orchard and McKenzie's hard cider. THe McKenzie's makes a Black cherry kind that is great. Something different for summer time and they are very good.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
Ive been drinking quite a bit of Brekenridge Vanilla Porter. I had another vanilla porter at B Dubs a few months back but that was seasonal. Ive seen a couple people mention Yuengling, they have a black and tan thats delicious.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Fire06 said:
Have been trying the apple ciders lately for a change are they good. Like Angry Orchard and McKenzie's hard cider. THe McKenzie's makes a Black cherry kind that is great. Something different for summer time and they are very good.

I dunno :undecided: getting dangerously close to "Chick Beer" :biggrin:

jfkmk

Mar 7, 2013
I have a couple of favorites:

Flying Dog's Raging Bitch is a great 8.3% alcohol IPA.
Just tried River Horse's Tripel Horse. It's out of Lambertville, NJ. Great IPA at 10% alcohol.

One of my favorite standbys is the Shiner Bock. I go to TX a couple of times a year, and never understood everyone down there ordering Bud Light and Miller when there's such a great tasting beer available at just about the same price. They now "import" the Shiner to New Jersey.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
jfkmk said:
I go to TX a couple of times a year, and never understood everyone down there ordering Bud Light and Miller when there's such a great tasting beer available at just about the same price. They now "import" the Shiner to New Jersey.

I have the same thoughts...must be the power of advertising:confused:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
jfkmk said:
I have a couple of favorites:

Flying Dog's Raging Bitch is a great 8.3% alcohol IPA.
Just tried River Horse's Tripel Horse. It's out of Lambertville, NJ. Great IPA at 10% alcohol.

One of my favorite standbys is the Shiner Bock. I go to TX a couple of times a year, and never understood everyone down there ordering Bud Light and Miller when there's such a great tasting beer available at just about the same price. They now "import" the Shiner to New Jersey.

You ever had shiner ruby redbird? It's got some grapefruit/citrus flavors and is incredible. Really hard to find up here in Ohio but really worth it if you do.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
For the record, I'm not sure why that picture of a founders beer is a twist off, but they are pry off. I reuse them for bottling home brew

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
This stuff is AMAZING!

5 Golden Rings from The Bruery in California.

I was quite surprised by this. And it packs a punch at 12.5% abv!

View attachment 29520

I actually won this at a beer festival we attended a few weeks ago. Great time, and holy cow, the tasting selection!! If only I liked IPA's :sadcry: there was plenty to enjoy though.

All of these were available for sampling: http://lansdalebeerfest.com/2013-breweries/2013-beer-list.html

Chris

Attachments

• beer.JPG
    beer.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 8

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been getting more adventurous in the beer tastings lately. Nedd to pick up some of these I see in this thread and give em a whirl.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Been getting more adventurous in the beer tastings lately. Nedd to pick up some of these I see in this thread and give em a whirl.

Trailz I know you are in Indiana somewhere right? If you get a chance check out West Side Liquor Store in West Harrison, IN. That guy has the best selection of beer for miles (way better than Jungle Jim's or Party Source). I drive out there from Cincy a couple times a year to load up on stuff I can't get here. It's at 105 South State Street in West Harrison.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
willn513 said:
Trailz I know you are in Indiana somewhere right? If you get a chance check out West Side Liquor Store in West Harrison, IN. That guy has the best selection of beer for miles (way better than Jungle Jim's or Party Source). I drive out there from Cincy a couple times a year to load up on stuff I can't get here. It's at 105 South State Street in West Harrison.

20-25 minutes from me.

On Sundays we slide to OH for beer since IN won't sell alcohol.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
I love Big Rig, local micro brewery in Ottawa Ontario Canada and the beer tastes great. They have a bunch of really good seasonal beers.

Showtyme

Nov 26, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
20-25 minutes from me.

On Sundays we slide to OH for beer since IN won't sell alcohol.

Im 45 mins from danville IL so thats my go to sunday spot. Here in indiana we got sun king brewery in indy that seems to be spreading out quite a bit and they have a couple good ones you should check out. Currently drinking a coors tall boy (my cheap beer choice) and the wife is having a red stripe. Both good IMO.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been to Sun King. I drive past it every day on my way to work downtown. Good shit.

We went to IL from Purdue sometimes on Sundays

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I tried this last month:
newfly.gif

Craft Brewery in Portland ME, Called Gritty McDuff's. Very, very good, if you enjoy stout.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
German beer fest this weekend. Das ich gut.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Think I had 8 or so different types of German brew and tried 20 varieties of homemade wine over Friday and Saturday....WOW. Sunday was rough.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Official Freudenfest Website

It is a good time for a little town. I think maybe less than a 1,000 people live there and probably 2000 come through over the weekend.

The Freudenfest Lager is good and semi-locally made just for this event. They had 5 different beer booths this year and two stages. Prolly ought to make it a meet next year and camp at my land a few miles away or they had a shuttle bus to local hotels few miles the other way this year.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Newport is 45 minutes from me...been down there a few times:biggrin:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Prolly ought to make it a meet next year and camp at my land a few miles away or they had a shuttle bus to local hotels few miles the other way this year.

Ummm yes :smile: this would be great fun

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online