Brakemotive no longer making kits?

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I was searching ebay today for the brakemotive kits for my Grand Prix, and nothing popped up in search, so I went to the sellers store, and searched there, sure enough, no kits for my Grand Prix. So I thought it was a glitch (I search 3 months ago and they made kits for the Grand Prix's) and I searched for my SS... nope, nothing made for the SS' anymore...

anybody hear anything about this? Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 28

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: I don't know what year your GP is, but they have a few kits for that as well

[EBAY]290714341774[/EBAY][EBAY]221026908121[/EBAY]

[EBAY]400656622030[/EBAY]

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
hmmm... I searched that same seller "brakemotive76" and they didn't list anything for me... thanks for finding it Carlton :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No problem Juan, glad to help. See, I'm helpful with more than just lights!! :laugh:

There have been times I've searched for stuff that had expired on my lists, and they didn't show back up right away. So I know how that feels.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
I just called them. Try searching under just breakmotive. Can't speak to the part # for a gp, but a 2002 tb std wheel base search number should be #390411249442. That's the on they quoted over the phone for the 4 wheel pkg.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, that was going to be my last resort to call them. My brakes are fine on the beaSSt, but my GP definitely needs some come spring time, and I want to spruce up the brakes a bit and since I need front and rear pads and rear rotors, and everything is just rusted over (calipers, rotor hubs, caliper brackets) so I'm going to make it look good while im at it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
They have the stuff, but their search is broken. They need to fix that.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Just got brakes for the MX-5 from them a couple of weeks ago. Until they go out of business they are where I am going for brakes. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea, I found out the search es no bueno Jared :rotfl:

and this is my hope as well Juicy... I have a lot of friends with the brakemotives and they are very well known and rather cheap if you ask me... that's why I made a thread because I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want a brakemotive kit :crackup:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
yea, I found out the search es no bueno Jared :rotfl:

and this is my hope as well Juicy... I have a lot of friends with the brakemotives and they are very well known and rather cheap if you ask me... that's why I made a thread because I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want a brakemotive kit :crackup:

Me too.... I want to get a set this spring for my TB EXT and G6. :smile:

billzie

Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Looks like the search model feature is broken in Brakemotive listings. I called them to report but the operator there seemed less than interested, they may just be a tele-service firm. Anyway, they did confirm the correct ebay item number for the EXT/XL models, 221007045432. I'm ordering today and hope the shipping is quick from two states away, I'd like to have the job done this weekend.
I'm happy to get this kit with all the positive reviews I found here on GMTN, I'm not getting into the whole slotted/drilled controversy as it's primarily a hardcore racing reliability issue which is not relevant to the overwhelming numbers of us here I'd suspect.
Anyone know if the pads include hardware? I know the pads purchased separately at Rockauto have the option of hardware included.
HTH, Bill.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
billzie said:
ebay item number for the EXT/XL models, 221007045432.

I have this item in my watch list, ready to buy when I get some spare change. The part number (if you want to look that way) is BM7336856387.

I ordered the kit for my wife's Impala from them back in Dec. of 2012 and it included everything I needed. Pads had the needed hardware. I put them on, drove very gingerly to an empty parking lot and started the bedding process.

billzie

Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Ok, upon further review, if you don't answer the trim drop down then it will show whether the kit is correct. The kit I listed does not come with pad/caliper hardware, they do offer a kit for $10 more that includes the main clips. I wanted complete hardware kits just in case I needed it all so I ordered those from rockauto and with the shipping and discount code found on GMTN is was cheaper than AZ.
HTH, Bill

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
I'm not having any luck with their site. No kits available message for my Envoy, tried calling it a TB still no kits msg.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Reactions: dmanns67

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
+1, Exact same set arrived last week.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Most definitely. Bang for buck IMO. I use Brakemotive pretty much exclusively now. Great customer service too when I made a really dumb goof buying brakes for my car.

Reactions: dmanns67

bobdec

Apr 19, 2013
Thanks.. the E-Bay search found them, it works a heck of a lot better when you spell "brakemotive" correctly. The kit search on their store site is still messed up, No Kits message. .

billzie

Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Just got around to doing the fronts last weekend, rears were done back in April, so far so good. I did buy Carlson brand brake hardware from RA, most complete kits, almost the least expensive, and I have experience knowing they are a good product. I'm happy with the purchases. Just have to wait for more cash to do the rear parking brakes and backing plates. HTH, Bill.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Well guys, its about that time for me to upgrade to a new front kit as my 22's have eaten through my "stock" pads and rotors. I've searched the Brakemotive site on ebay and there are tons of options with different pricing and part numbers. For example, can anyone spot the difference in these two other than the price?

1.http://www.ebay.com/itm/290875098438?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290974884988?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I get that some kits come with hardware and others don't, but why are there so many different part numbers for what appears to be similar kits? Anybody got any suggestions for me since my larger wheels have more rotational mass to bring to a stop?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BINGA said:
Well guys, its about that time for me to upgrade to a new front kit as my 22's have eaten through my "stock" pads and rotors. I've searched the Brakemotive site on ebay and there are tons of options with different pricing and part numbers. For example, can anyone spot the difference in these two other than the price?

1.http://www.ebay.com/itm/290875098438?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/290974884988?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I get that some kits come with hardware and others don't, but why are there so many different part numbers for what appears to be similar kits? Anybody got any suggestions for me since my larger wheels have more rotational mass to bring to a stop?
You should also upgrade the rear with BrakeMotive d/s rotors as well. Assuming you have the SWB, you could also look into upgrading to the EXT front rotors which will require an EXT caliper bracket. The rotors are slightly larger compared to the rotors on the SWB.

Please fill out your vehicle profile so we can better assist,

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
dmanns67 said:
You should also upgrade the rear with BrakeMotive d/s rotors as well. Assuming you have the SWB, you could also look into upgrading to the EXT front rotors which will require an EXT caliper bracket. The rotors are slightly larger compared to the rotors on the SWB.

Please fill out your vehicle profile so we can better assist,
Thanks for the advice. I was wanting to upgrade to a larger rotor but it was hard to find measurements on most sites, and see what would fit if I ever switched back to stock. I swear, it seems like the mesurements of rotors is an industry secret or something, as most places don't list them. I guess I could call up BrakeMotive and they could throw together a package for me for EXT sizes up front and SWB sizes in the rear. As for the EXT caliper bracket, any suggestions on the best place to get them or just buy an OEM stock EXT set? Lastly, its been a while since I visited the site, so I guess my vehicle profile got wiped with the new look site

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BINGA said:
Thanks for the advice. I was wanting to upgrade to a larger rotor but it was hard to find measurements on most sites, and see what would fit if I ever switched back to stock. I swear, it seems like the mesurements of rotors is an industry secret or something, as most places don't list them. I guess I could call up BrakeMotive and they could throw together a package for me for EXT sizes up front and SWB sizes in the rear. As for the EXT caliper bracket, any suggestions on the best place to get them or just buy an OEM stock EXT set? Lastly, its been a while since I visited the site, so I guess my vehicle profile got wiped with the new look site
I know what you mean. I have emailed BrakeMotive before asking for measurements, but their repsonse was to please call them at their 1-800 number.

BrakeMotive has a bunch of different kits and they give them all different part numbers even if they are for the same vehicle. Just front rotors or rears, with or without hardware, with or without cermaic pads, all 4 rotors, etc. They have many combinations and since everything has its own part number, it can get confusing.

I am not 100% sure if the LWB rear rotors are the same diameter as the SWB. You could always call them and see if they can put a package together for LWB rotors for the front and SWB for the rear along with some cermaic pads. The price seems cheaper when you buy the fronts and rear together.

You could buy a new set of caliper brackets or maybe find a junk yard and get a used set for a little cheaper.

When GMTN changed over to the new software, everyone had to fill out their vehicle profile again. We try to remind members when they are asking questions.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Rear rotors are the same SWB or LWB.

Fronts are larger on the LWB and the V8 models.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I used junkyard caliper brackets, but would go new if doing again. Getting them sanded and cleaned up was not worth the savings.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online