BrakeMotive Kits

pmsmith2032

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Chicago
Does anyone have any opinion on the BrakeMotive kits (rotors and ceramic pads) sold on ebay? I'm looking to replace both on a 2005 Envoy. In the past I've used various pads and cheap rotors (usually bought from Autozone). We don't trailer if that matters. Thanks!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Awesome! !! Use them on my tbss and they are wonderful. Pads that come with the kit are a tad noisy. .. but overall can't beat the price.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
The general consensus around here is, they do what they are suppose to do for a decent price. A good chunk of the membership have them on their vehicles.

Personally I get the kit with out the pads. I put different ones on there.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I put their kit on my wife's '04 Impala, and it is on my watch list on ebay for my TB when the time comes. The Impala's braking performance went up tremendously. I used the pads that came with the kit and am satisfied so far.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Another very happy user here.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have been using Brakemotive almost exclusively on my vehicles since 2007.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I did a thread with multiple pics of the rotors and pads for the SWB truck. I would 100% suggest that anyone who is on the edge about ordering them, do it. I have had no problems with the pads in the kit. While I know that there is better, they are not just some cheap junk pads that most auto parts stores sell.

I do not remember the exact mileage I put them on, I am going to guess about 50k miles on the pads that come with the kit.

http://gmtnation.com/forums/topic/2235-brakemotive-drilled-and-slotted-rotors-pics/?hl=brakemotive

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
I would recommend them as well. Not sure if you already have any Ext or 5.3, but if you don't you should get the bigger caliper brackets and go with the larger size front brakes if you have the 17 inch wheels.

I feel a big difference.20140524_135554.jpg

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
I got the Power Stop drilled and slotted for a few years now. Works really well but the slotted parts a slowly disappearing due to wear. But you cannot beat the price of a rotor and pad package, let alone getting them on eBay.

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
brakes1.jpg

+1 on the noisy pads, it'd also be nice if they included new hardware. Just put a set on the wife's TB and I've had a set on my TB for 3 years without issue. Prior to my current set I went through 2 set of rotors in 2 years due to the hilly nature of my part of the world. I'd recommend Brakemotive to anybody.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Snailblazin' said:
attachicon.gif
brakes1.jpg

it'd also be nice if they included new hardware.
If you are referring to the clips, there is a kit that has them for $10 more.

kit with clips

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online