Brake problem..

fireman3214

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
the other day my wife comes home and says that she lost her brakes on her trailblazer but now they were fine, she said it happened twice within a 3 day period, she said the pedal went to the floor and nothing happened, and then everything was fine. I went and drove it and the brakes worked fine, a little more pedal travel than what I'm used to In my truck but they worked, im wondering could there be air trapped somewhere? Or does it sound like a master cylinder problem? Would I be wasting my time to bleed them or should I just start with the master cylinder? I do know the front drivers side caliper was replaced by the previous owner because when I changed the hub assembly I noticed it had writing on it from a salvage yard

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
It sounds like maybe the ABS kicked in. When mine kicks in for longer than a second, the pedal goes down to the floor and you don't feel it pulsating to brake your truck. I would see if maybe it did that or ask her if she felt it pulse in the pedal before it went to the floor or maybe heard a growling noise when stopping. If she did, maybe you have a front wheel bearing or wheel speed sensor that is getting flaky or dirty.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know that when some sensors in the front wheel hubs start to go or the bearings are on their way out, it makes the ABS kick in just as you are coming to a stop and pulsates the brakes a lot.

Keep an eye on it and if it starts doing it again, pull the ABS fuse to confirm.

How many miles on your truck?

Reactions: kickass audio

fireman3214

Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
I don't think it's the abs sensor, especially since I just replaced both front hubs, the one was making a noise and I couldn't figure out which one it was and I replaced the drivers side, well it ended up being the passenger side so I replaced it too, and she said that the pedal wasn't vibrating, it just got soft and the brakes didn't work

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
What brand hub did you put on? There are some crappy hubs (advance auto being one from my experience) and ebay hubs that suck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online