brake noise

pgibbzz

Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
im getting a "crunching" sound, like im pulling apart a rusty spring whenever i press on my brake pedal. Its coming from the brake pedal all the way to the rear of the car, a year ago i changed the front brakes and rotors, and just a week ago i did the rear. Any thoughts on this? i thought it could be the emergency brake cable but how would that be affiliated with the brake pedal? i feel like something is gunna break or snap if i keep going on with the noise when i hit the brakes.

edit: sorry 2002 envoy sle i6

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
You may want to jack it up, take off that wheel, and look at the brakes.

push stuff around a bit and see if something is loose. one of the caliper nuts could have come loose, or something else could be off a bit.

did you pull the disk and check the parking brake? how did it look?

how much of a brake job did you do?

pgibbzz

Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
meerschm said:
You may want to jack it up, take off that wheel, and look at the brakes.

push stuff around a bit and see if something is loose. one of the caliper nuts could have come loose, or something else could be off a bit.

did you pull the disk and check the parking brake? how did it look?

how much of a brake job did you do?

the parking brake looks drab, when i took the rotor off i had the parking brake engaged like a moron and it came off so i had to reassemble it. i did both rear pads and rotors.
so i had the tire off today and put my hand on a couple things just to see if i can feel the noise somewhere, it turns out its coming from the caliper. Maybe the piston in the caliper? when i pressed the caliper back in it didnt look very good but i needed the car and didnt have the time to run out and get a replacement, it still works, just that ugly noise.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online