Brake controller wiring protection.

pauli

Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
I am purchasing a Prodigy Brake Controller for my 2005 Tralblazer EXT and was wondering about wiring. I have not looked yet but I know there is a wiring harness to wire into. The online manual for the brake controller requires a fuse or a 20 amp circuit breaker on the black power wire. After wiring up harness to the bundle under the dash do I need to add 20 amp protection upline or did gm put something on their side of the wiring to protect wire?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I have that controller.....works extremely well. Just make sure to keep it relatively level.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
sLAsh said:
Don't forget to hook up the fuse box wire.
To be precise, the front fuse box should already have Fuse #19, 30A, to protect the brake controller power feed that's curled up near the driver's left foot. Fuse #32 should also be present, but the ring lug with the mystery red wire that's NOT normally connected to the threaded stud on the fuse box (needs an M6 metric nut) feeds the trailer battery charge wire at the rear of the vehicle in the 7-pin connector. Lots of folks think the ring lug has something to do with trailer braking but it doesn't really.

megafuse1-orig.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online