Bowtie, Door Handle, Etc... Suggestions.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm between a rock and a hard place on deciding what to do exterior wise to my TB. I have a friend who suggests that I black out my bowtie. After seeing and reading other threads I'm thinking on Chrome/Differnt color. I want to change my door handles I was thinking on a textured black handle HERE.

The only concern I have is will Black look betther than Chrome or will Chrome look better than Black on Forest Green Metallic?

I'm open to suggestions. I need and want to imput from everyone here.

Dec 8, 2011
Cable810 said:
I'm between a rock and a hard place on deciding what to do exterior wise to my TB. I have a friend who suggests that I black out my bowtie. After seeing and reading other threads I'm thinking on Chrome/Differnt color. I want to change my door handles I was thinking on a textured black handle HERE.

The only concern I have is will Black look betther than Chrome or will Chrome look better than Black on Forest Green Metallic?

I'm open to suggestions. I need and want to imput from everyone here.

post some pics

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
of my Truck? Give me 10mins

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011

Attachments

• DSCF3594.jpg
    DSCF3594.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF3592.jpg
    DSCF3592.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF3593.jpg
    DSCF3593.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 9

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I tell ya what. My wife's 07 Rainier has the OEM Chrome handles and my 9-7 has the OEM black painted handles. Hands down I like the chrome handles on the Rainier which go with the Chrome roof rack, chrome rims and the chrome running boards. Enough chrome to look nice but not over done. Other than the chrome roof rack, chrome facia and OEM chrome exhaust tip, the 9-7 needs more chrome. I don't like the textured handles compared to the smooth painted ones.

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
I don't think Crome will look good I would choose black. But it's ur truck do what u think looks good

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
If i'm seeing this correctly, it looks like a large rust spot on the hood. I worry about that before changing handle colors.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Haha, everybody's taste is different.

I have chrome door handles, I wish they were body colour :frown:

I had a yellow bow-tie (on a black truck:frown:), I took it apart and it is now black with a small chrome trim line:smile:.

I have a yellow bow-tie on the back of the truck, it will be black (with a small chrome trim) soon.

I have chrome mirror covers, I wish they were body colour.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
bigytwotone said:
i love the chrome i have black mirrors wish they where chrome black door handles and wish they where chrome. hey RayVoy want to trade?? my truck is black
Sounds like a match made in heaven :biggrin:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I just replaced my door handle....my truck has the oem chrome and body color handles....but had to buy a textured black one cuz the dealership wouldn't sell just one oem chrome. They would only sell them only in 4's which would've been $200. So now I have 3 chrome and one black. But a really easy install. Looks like I will be painting this spring.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Jkust said:
If i'm seeing this correctly, it looks like a large rust spot on the hood. I worry about that before changing handle colors.

Ha ha someone noticed. I do have to get that touched up.... I hope it wont break the bank

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Cable810 said:
Ha ha someone noticed. I do have to get that touched up.... I hope it wont break the bank

That is to the point of more than just a touch up. Keep the color matched door handles.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Cause I can get 4 of the Textured Black Handles for 40 Bucks shipped to my door.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like your color matched handles. I would do a charcoal bowtie on the front and repair the rust, even it is it just sanding down and putting a coat of non matched paint. You can hide it with a bug deflector.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm going to get the Rust fixed come this Spring. I'll probally mess around on Gimp seeing what colors look good on my TB.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Cable810 said:

I'm betting the underseam is really rusty as well on that hood. I'm guessing a new hood and paint would be more cost effective. Then put a 3m clear bra on it. Got one on my Rainier, as it never saw a day on the road without the bra. I just love the solid look of these trucks especially with the running boards. My neighbors have your same truck and color except in the EXT variety.
Also, yes the chrome OEM door handles are actually only a chrome handle lift/grip part then the rest is the body color. Like I said, not overkill, but just enough to look nice.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online