NEED HELP Bought a new 2020 Colorado Quad Cab last weekend.

Black08TB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Me and my 2008 Trailblazer came to the end of the road last Sunday, it served me very well for 176,000 miles. I got a really good deal on a 2020 WT series Colorado Quad Cab with 16" aluminum wheels and Satin Steel Grey paint. Aside from adding a new trailer hitch, wiring and new mud guards in the next week or so I have one more thing I'd like to do before long. I found a set of aftermarket halogen fog lamps and bezels to fit in the front bumper like the factory. My question is, is the wiring for them in the truck somewhere tied up in the area of the bumper? I've heard that it should be as the wiring harness is not option specific. Anyone added fog lights to a late model Colorado and have any insight to offer? Thanks in advance for any help.

lUjSSIT6Rbi6zo1xzgcqPg.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I know the older chevys included optional wiring like that but I haven't seen much about the new ones. Could look under the bumper if it's visible and see what you see.

Reactions: Black08TB

Black08TB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
As soon as I get my daughter’s Malibu out of the garage i’m going to have a look around. Was just curious to see if anyone had first hand knowledge. Will report back with what I find.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mine had fogs so I can't comment per say... I can say that the Tahoe did not. So I would doubt these would as well. GM is too cheap. And then trying to get the BCM programed to make the switch work... forget about it. The wiring isn't even there so you'd have to do repinning at the BCM to the switch too.

Gen5diy does make the harness if you want though. They just come on with the headlights.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Honestly in any relatively new vehicle I wouldn't try to hook up fogs in a factory way due to the aforementioned reasons of BCM programming etc. Just run a switch and relay setup. If you wanted to get creative you could use a factory fog switch and figure out how to run the aftermarket relay wiring from it.

Black08TB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2013
Does it have the 8-speed?

Yes it does, i’ll be paying attention for any signs of trouble while it’s covered under warranty. Thanks for the link.

Mine had fogs so I can't comment per say... I can say that the Tahoe did not. So I would doubt these would as well. GM is too cheap. And then trying to get the BCM programed to make the switch work... forget about it. The wiring isn't even there so you'd have to do repinning at the BCM to the switch too.

Gen5diy does make the harness if you want though. They just come on with the headlights.

Honestly in any relatively new vehicle I wouldn't try to hook up fogs in a factory way due to the aforementioned reasons of BCM programming etc. Just run a switch and relay setup. If you wanted to get creative you could use a factory fog switch and figure out how to run the aftermarket relay wiring from it.
A friend of mine had installed a set on his Ram and had the dealer turn on the light function in the BCM. Told me it wasn’t a big deal to get sorted out if the wiring is there. If the factory set up is a bust i’ll Just hook them up on a separate circuit with a relay and switch. See how it goes...

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.