Bought a 06 LS

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Will be picking up my new truck tomorrow. I think I got a great deal on it. It's a 06 Trailblazer LS, 4x4. Has 85,000 miles. It has keyless entry and remote start.

First on the list is Window Tint.

Attachments

• CIMG0109.jpg
    CIMG0109.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 8

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Filter said:
Will be picking up my new truck tomorrow. I think I got a great deal on it. It's a 06 Trailblazer LS, 4x4. Has 85,000 miles. It has keyless entry and remote start.

First on the list is Window Tint.

congratulations looks clean. At least you won't have to remove the side moldings the tint will look great

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Roof rack will stay. Will be good fo getting wood or carting around a ladder.
Trash can? Must be talking about the muffler? Yeah its ugly. But I don't want it to be any louder with an after market one.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Filter said:
Roof rack will stay. Will be good fo getting wood or carting around a ladder.
Trash can? Must be talking about the muffler? Yeah its ugly. But I don't want it to be any louder with an after market one.

Not muffler, its the resonator, and it dose not effect sound very much

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Take a look under the middle of the truck, passenger side - THAT monster thing there is the muffler.

I guess I never realized that some GMT360s came with no tint on the rear windows. I should have known since I've been poking around for new rear glass and saw an option in the search engine for no tint but I thought that might be just the default search engine option list.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Nice! Looks pretty clean.

Sparky said:
Take a look under the middle of the truck, passenger side - THAT monster thing there is the muffler.

I guess I never realized that some GMT360s came with no tint on the rear windows. I should have known since I've been poking around for new rear glass and saw an option in the search engine for no tint but I thought that might be just the default search engine option list.

Yeah, I didn't know they shipped any without tint.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Welcome aboard... nice ride... like the others have said, it looks nice & clean...

You gotta get it tinted tho... it looks simply nekkid without it!

I went and had mine done limo-tint dark - I kinda like it. :thumbsup:
I'll try and get a better, daytime pic of it for you... and yes, I have LED's on the inside too!

View attachment 17176

Attachments

• new_tint.jpg
    new_tint.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 8

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thanks guys.

Yeah I have only seen a couple without tint. But for $7,300 I couldn't pass it up. Not sure what it will cost to tint but it can't be that much.

I think I'll do 5% on the back and 20-30% for the drivers and passengers windows.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice find. My 06 LS has been amazing.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
nice find !!

Joe D 04

Dec 5, 2011
Sparky said:

Yeah, the base model didn't come with tint. It also does't come with side moldings or key less entry (notice the key hole on the passenger side). The key less on this one has to either be aftermarket, or added by a dealer by the previous owner. The base didn't come with roof rack links as well.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
djthumper said:
Yeah, I didn't know they shipped any without tint.

LS stripped down to the bones.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Jkust said:
LS stripped down to the bones.

Not always. Mine has factory keyless entry and tint and g80 and 3.73....

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Not always. Mine has factory keyless entry and tint and g80 and 3.73....

Wonder if his was a fleet vehicle. I've actually only seen fleet vehicles come completely completely stripped.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Jkust said:
Wonder if his was a fleet vehicle. I've actually only seen fleet vehicles come completely completely stripped.

Mine was actually. Verizon.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
my 2005 LS came with Bose 6 disc, sunroof, G80, side moldings, the 17's, tint, keyless entry, full power seat,

LS and a Fleet LS are a different designation. Not on the car but for the fleet vehicles I ran across recently shopping on their documentation it noted fleet as a designation not just on the carfax. You could buy an LS and still select some decent options for it. On the other hand one of my neighbors has an early Trailblazer EXT with an LT plate but doesn't have a single option that I can see.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I thought the fleets versions didn't come as a LS designator on it. Mine was part of a rental fleet which is probably why my OLS light doesn't come on.

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
It is lacking in options, but lucky for me the previous owner added remote start and lock/unlock. And it is a 4x4. It also has the bars for the roof racks.

I think I got it for a steal at $7,300 the interior is in perfect condition, not a stain or mark on it. I don't think they ever used the cargo area for much of anything.

It is not a fleet truck, I am only the Second owner.

I am picking up brand new factory Rainier running boards tomorrow for $175. And it will hopefully be tinted by next week :smile:

Joe D 04

Dec 5, 2011
Most LS Trailblazers came with tint, side moldings, key less. But the base "Starting at" advertised priced ones looked like this. It was watered down to save on cost.

What exactly do you mean by fleet? Commercial owned? I have rented several Trailblazers back when I use to travel a lot (which is what made me want to buy one) and they ranged from LS to LT, 5 passenger to 7. ext. I've even had a company car before (2005 Colorado) which was 4 door, fully loaded. I guess some business owners ordered the basic models when buying cars in bulk for a major company to save money, but that's not always the case. These base models were available to the public.

Ever notice commercials saying "2012 Camery starting at $19,000" yet when you go to the dealer they are all around $24,000 for base and move up from there?

This is a vary nice trailblazer though. It looks like brand new, and with those miles you'll be able to get some real use out of it. I'm at 165K and it runs great. You'll be happy with this truck :thumbsup:

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Here she is tinted, should have the rainier running boards on by next week.

I don't really care for the vent shades, might rip them off.

Attachments

• 2011-12-20_16-37-18_183(1).jpg
    2011-12-20_16-37-18_183(1).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 4

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
nice ride! now let the mod bog begin!:wootwoot:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Filter said:
Here she is tinted, should have the rainier running boards on by next week.

I don't really care for the vent shades, might rip them off.

Where are you buying the Rainier running boards? I want to pick some up for my 9-7 (already have them on the Rainier from new). They stop the sandblasting effect onto the side of the car and the kids can get in and out easier. Mudflaps unfortunatly don't stop the sand blasting like the running boards do per my first Rainier (not my current) with oem mudflaps but no running boards. The plastic moulding on it was sand blasted. Current Rainier has oem running boards, but didn't have mudflaps until 45k miles when I got it and no sand blasting anywhere on it.

Filter

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Jkust said:
Where are you buying the Rainier running boards? I want to pick some up for my 9-7 (already have them on the Rainier from new). They stop the sandblasting effect onto the side of the car and the kids can get in and out easier. Mudflaps unfortunatly don't stop the sand blasting like the running boards do per my first Rainier (not my current) with oem mudflaps but no running boards. The plastic moulding on it was sand blasted. Current Rainier has oem running boards, but didn't have mudflaps until 45k miles when I got it and no sand blasting anywhere on it.

I got lucky and found them on craigslist. Brand new; hardware was still in the sealed boxes. Paid $165 for them. Just keep checking craigslist maybe you will get lucky.

GM acually put running boards and painted the sand blasted area on my dads 06 Envoy a couple years ago. For free.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.