bose door speakers non bose deck

alex_l7

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
i have an envoy lt pro cuz of the sunroof idk but cloth seats and have a non bose deck woth 6cd changer one auto eq setting passager door rattles though i could hust buy a pair of 2 ways and replace but when took appart the door found it had the 8in bose subwoofer ... and it bad it plays loud too but i think any minute it will just quit on me so i was wondering is there any good replacements for that as far as aftermarket or should i just find another bose sub

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
alex_l7 said:
i have an envoy lt pro cuz of the sunroof idk but cloth seats and have a non bose deck woth 6cd changer one auto eq setting passager door rattles though i could hust buy a pair of 2 ways and replace but when took appart the door found it had the 8in bose subwoofer ... and it bad it plays loud too but i think any minute it will just quit on me so i was wondering is there any good replacements for that as far as aftermarket or should i just find another bose sub

you're replacing the speaker, because the door rattles? :confused:
what makes you think the speaker is gonna quit on you? or is there crackling coming from the speaker, and not the door rattling?

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
The front doors should only have 8" speakers in them if you have Bose.
Check the (RPO) sticker in your glove box for UQA that would mean your truck has the Bose setup. IIRC not all of the GMT360/370 that came with Bose said "Bose" on the Head Unit.

My Mother's Trailblazer has/had Bose and even with everything stock the doors rattled a little bit.

BTW your 6 Disc should be RPO (I believe UC6)

alex_l7

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
NinjuhhNutz said:
you're replacing the speaker, because the door rattles? :confused:
what makes you think the speaker is gonna quit on you? or is there crackling coming from the speaker, and not the door rattling?

no i have playing the sub with panel off and searched for rattle driverside rattles specially if theres something kn the poket n yea its the sub crackling but its more like if the sub had a hole in it and i dont even have to have the music too loud for ir to do that

alex_l7

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
Juicy K said:
The front doors should only have 8" speakers in them if you have Bose.
Check the (RPO) sticker in your glove box for UQA that would mean your truck has the Bose setup. IIRC not all of the GMT360/370 that came with Bose said "Bose" on the Head Unit.

My Mother's Trailblazer has/had Bose and even with everything stock the doors rattled a little bit.

BTW your 6 Disc should be RPO (I believe UC6)

ill chack latter today and im just saying it has bose woofers on door has 2" tweets in dash and reg 6.5 or 6 i cant rmember on the back doors i took tge radio out once so i cant remember if it had 3 or 2 connectors in the back of deck and im surr they are bose theres a sticker that sais so i try putting an older corvets bose sub that was the same siZe that i replaces all speakers and amp for a friends so he let me have it we dodnt know whether if was good or not but it had the same adaptor and screwhole and conector so easy enuff try but that sub was also busted and didnt play as loud plus both door subs have the thicked red and green speaker wire with the like pushon connector that u usually see on other aftermarket speakers

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
The woofers may not be compatible between vehicles, even if they're the same size and stuff. Bose has habit of "tailoring" systems. This means not just tossing speakers at a problem and calling it a day. The dashboard tweeters are 4ohm, ~2.5" speakers (Bose actually does measurements in metric standard). The front door woofers are 1ohm, ~7 7/8" speakers. The rear door wide-range speakers are 2ohm, ~5 1/8".

They may switch up impedances for different applications in different vehicles. It's important to note that the speakers out of the Corvette and the TrailBlazer/Envoy are NOT the same. Corvette uses 20.5cm woofers in the C5, while TB/Envoy uses 20.0cm. Noting that these are actually different speakers, there may also be different characteristics such as impedance or wattage ratings. As for wattage, it's anyone's guess as Bose never publishes those numbers. It could be likely that the 20cm standard in the GMT is a different wattage and/or impedance and this is why the one out of the C5 isn't very loud.

And I'd bet you do have the Bose head. 2002-2005 said Bose in the lower left corner of the faceplate. This may have worn off over time, so another way to check is to adjust EQ - Bose only allows treble and bass, while other radios also have a midrange. 2006+ says BOSE on the screen when you turn it on. Unless someone replaced the head unit at some point.

alex_l7

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
IllogicTC said:
The woofers may not be compatible between vehicles, even if they're the same size and stuff. Bose has habit of "tailoring" systems. This means not just tossing speakers at a problem and calling it a day. The dashboard tweeters are 4ohm, ~2.5" speakers (Bose actually does measurements in metric standard). The front door woofers are 1ohm, ~7 7/8" speakers. The rear door wide-range speakers are 2ohm, ~5 1/8".

They may switch up impedances for different applications in different vehicles. It's important to note that the speakers out of the Corvette and the TrailBlazer/Envoy are NOT the same. Corvette uses 20.5cm woofers in the C5, while TB/Envoy uses 20.0cm. Noting that these are actually different speakers, there may also be different characteristics such as impedance or wattage ratings. As for wattage, it's anyone's guess as Bose never publishes those numbers. It could be likely that the 20cm standard in the GMT is a different wattage and/or impedance and this is why the one out of the C5 isn't very loud.

And I'd bet you do have the Bose head. 2002-2005 said Bose in the lower left corner of the faceplate. This may have worn off over time, so another way to check is to adjust EQ - Bose only allows treble and bass, while other radios also have a midrange. 2006+ says BOSE on the screen when you turn it on. Unless someone replaced the head unit at some point.

well see there is no bose when it comes on mine is a 2006 and also i read on trailvoy a bit back that bose headunits had 5 diff auto eq setting or something like that jass talk rock etc mine has talk amd custom thats it and yes trlble n bass rear speakers are not bose thoe i took em out and they are the regular delphy speakers and the tweets sm like a pain in the ass to romove so i wont be dping that yet lol i have and ohm metter and tested both speakers and ware the same impedence they ware just bad i pluged them to a small amp amd just sounded bad idk why the door subbumps so loud if its blown i listend to it carefully today and sounds like theres a paper or something loose there i moght remove it soon to really inspected

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
alex_l7 said:
well see there is no bose when it comes on mine is a 2006 and also i read on trailvoy a bit back that bose headunits had 5 diff auto eq setting or something like that jass talk rock etc mine has talk amd custom thats it and yes trlble n bass rear speakers are not bose thoe i took em out and they are the regular delphy speakers and the tweets sm like a pain in the ass to romove so i wont be dping that yet lol i have and ohm metter and tested both speakers and ware the same impedence they ware just bad i pluged them to a small amp amd just sounded bad idk why the door subbumps so loud if its blown i listend to it carefully today and sounds like theres a paper or something loose there i moght remove it soon to really inspected

They're talking out their behinds. My 2005 Bose has these options

For Custom EQ: Bass and treble ONLY. No Midrange
EQ Presets: Custom and Talk. That's it.
And also the regular factory units didn't come with the tweeters. There's holes for them, but they don't exist. Only Bose units came with the 6-channel stereo.

alex_l7

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
IllogicTC said:
They're talking out their behinds. My 2005 Bose has these options

For Custom EQ: Bass and treble ONLY. No Midrange
EQ Presets: Custom and Talk. That's it.
And also the regular factory units didn't come with the tweeters. There's holes for them, but they don't exist. Only Bose units came with the 6-channel stereo.

and it says bose on deck n speaker grills
the only place mine says bose in on the subwoofers sticker when u take it out but thats it

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Do you have the Bose amp is located behind the rear quarter panel on the passenger side? If you have that, Bose speakers in the doors and dash, then you've got a Bose system! The UQA code in the glove-box would confirm it's factory installed.

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Dad-O-Matic said:
Do you have the Bose amp is located behind the rear quarter panel on the passenger side? If you have that, Bose speakers in the doors and dash, then you've got a Bose system! The UQA code in the glove-box would confirm it's factory installed.

Did you ever check for that UQA code like we have mentioned?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
alex_l7 said:
and it says bose on deck n speaker grills
the only place mine says bose in on the subwoofers sticker when u take it out but thats it

Not every vehicle with Bose says it everywhere. I can confirm the only place a 2006 GMC Envoy says Bose is when the radio turns on. There are no badges in the vehicle, like there are on some others.

Dad-O-Matic said:

If it were an earlier model (say like 2004), there was also a "mid-line" radio option that also had an amp. But it wasn't a Bose amp. This was when Bose still used the Class 2 Lux amp.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
IllogicTC said:
Not every vehicle with Bose says it everywhere. I can confirm the only place a 2006 GMC Envoy says Bose is when the radio turns on. There are no badges in the vehicle, like there are on some others.

If it were an earlier model (say like 2004), there was also a "mid-line" radio option that also had an amp. But it wasn't a Bose amp. This was when Bose still used the Class 2 Lux amp.

So were the mid-line ones with a 6 disc indash (RPO: UC6)? I dont have bose, but I never checked into seeing if i have an amp either.. i imagine the sound system will be the next thing the mod bug gets hold of.. :thumbsup:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Midnyteryder02 said:
So were the mid-line ones with a 6 disc indash (RPO: UC6)? I dont have bose, but I never checked into seeing if i have an amp either.. i imagine the sound system will be the next thing the mod bug gets hold of.. :thumbsup:

I believe any radio head option was available with Bose, and Bose was a requirement of the Nav radio head. I have the 6-CD changer and Bose. I believe the mid-line radio was only offered in 2004 models. It was either a Bose amp (mid-line), or a Bose Class 2 amp (Premium).

Class 2 amp part number: 15112641 (DSP amp, J6-connector) I believe this is the famous Lux. However, it requires a Lux head unit to go with it - Lux amps and head units cannot communicate with non-Lux components, and vice versa. A radio reprogramming may be necessary if one were to upgrade to the Lux.
non-Class 2: 15103800 (Analog amp, non J6-connector)

Perhaps the midline radio had some Bose components but "cheaped out" on some other areas, which would explain the Delphi speakers. The non-class 2 also has no drain wires for the leads to the front door speakers while the class 2 does. UQA was a requirement for both of these amplifiers, according to Nalley GMC. This could be during the switch to the non-Lux that followed for 2005+ model years. In this case, perhaps Lux does have all those fancy EQ presets as listed up above, and the midline may or may not display a Bose logo at the time as it wasn't the "premium" option, but in later years when it may have become the new premium it took on the logo.

alex_l7

Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
k well i uber cleaned my envoy yesterday and removed door panels on back found that they ware midrange bose they are 6" speakers with the clear bubble on the midle instead of the delphy dual cone and tweet i havent touched still lol find myself too laze to do so but watever and i also havent look for amp but will do that soon icuz if i ever change my sound system i will prob replace all wireing amd components to it even run my own power wire to do away with all factory system but anyWays i know its not a good thing prob amd i can figure out why but when looked for the part sticker is not there its just riped off u can see where it was inside the glove box so does sumome know why it was riped off !???

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
alex_l7 said:
k well i uber cleaned my envoy yesterday and removed door panels on back found that they ware midrange bose they are 6" speakers with the clear bubble on the midle instead of the delphy dual cone and tweet i havent touched still lol find myself too laze to do so but watever and i also havent look for amp but will do that soon icuz if i ever change my sound system i will prob replace all wireing amd components to it even run my own power wire to do away with all factory system but anyWays i know its not a good thing prob amd i can figure out why but when looked for the part sticker is not there its just riped off u can see where it was inside the glove box so does sumome know why it was riped off !???

Sometimes people assume that it's just a bunch of gibberish that's no longer necessary since it's not on the factory anymore. Little do they know the factory uses those same codes, but don't carry the glovebox around with them. Usually there's a barcode or set of barcodes they scan to get that information. Improves accuracy and speed and blah blah.

The amp is found in the passenger's side of the cargo area, behind the trim there, in the quarter panel area right behind the rear door. You can run your own power wire but unless you believe there's a reason to upgrade the wires to the speakers, there's already wiring run right there for six of them. :thumbsup: There's also wiring for left and right channel from the head unit, and in the RSA on the back of the center console there's another left/right channel run.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.