Bose amp replacement

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Im looking at replacing my stock amp for a kicker 4 channel to power my components and was curious if anyone else has and if they know the wire diagram for the amp?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: If only there was a thread with service manuals and wiring diagrams for our trucks... :coffee:

:raspberry:

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: If only there was a thread with service manuals and wiring diagrams for our trucks... :coffee:

:raspberry:
Like ones hosted by a member?

Reactions: Blckshdw

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
I know moosemans thread but I am looking for personal experiences mostly if anyone has done it

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
A number of people have done it. Usually if the Bose amp is getting replaced/bypassed, a new HU is going in as well. Are you sticking with the stock radio, or do you have an aftermarket? From the posts I've seen between here and the OS, none of the people who switched have regretted it or looked back. You may recall on some of the 'audio upgrade' threads, where people wanted to add/upgrade their Bose system, the popular advice is to scrap it and go all aftermarket.

Do you have any particular concerns about the process?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I am sure you will probably want to replace the speakers due to the impedance.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Are you doing components just in front, or in the rear doors too?

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Well I've replaced all the door and dash speakers and added my sub with my separate battery my cd player was the first to swap to a pioneer p4300 the last thing I DoD was my fronts this weekend but with the bose amp its unpreportioned with the mods and highs in the rear doors and bass focused in the front doors which renders my tweeters useless

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah, an amp upgrade is just what your mod bug ordered. I would run RCAs from the HU to the amp, and then just use the Bose output wires feeding the speakers to connect to your aftermarket amp. If one of your RCAs has the little remote wire built in, that solves your turn on issue. Otherwise you can tap into an ignition switched source in the rear block, like the HVAC fuse, or radio one, if you have it. Use these as a reference to get started tracking down which speaker wire feeds which speaker.

PremiumAudio2_zps956c419c.jpg

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Thanks carlton ill order my amp as soon as I can and start splicing my wires when I finish doing a few external mods

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:laugh: I've been through that wiring diagram PDF and bookmarked so many sections for my own research and projects, that I happened to know exactly where the Bose amp section was. Otherwise, I would have let Ryan fish for it cuz I know he's capable. :yes:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
I know im a bad influence on people I know I've given carlton too many ideas in the past

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Don't forget that the RSA system also gets a left and right channel run to it. I'm pretty sure an innovative person could find something to do with those otherwise useless (after switching) wires.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online