Bose 6 Speaker Stereo

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
I was just wondering did Bose stereo's come in the LT's and LTZ's ? or was it just a certain year like 2005 or 2006, I did notice XM radio came out in 2005 because my Ex Step-monster had a 2006 TB LT with XM radio and Bose stereo. My 2004 has neither but still sounds pretty decent I guess lol. Just was wondering ,Thanks!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
IIRC they are all bose, even if it doesn't have it written on the front, it just depends on the trim and year as to which one it is. The LS's got the lowest featured one there is. The LT's got more features and the LTZ's got all the bells and whistles. Then you start going by years, 02-04 higher end models got the "good" amp, 05+ higher end models got the "crap" amp. Nav came out in 05 so everything changed again....it's hard to keep track of everything they did across model years.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
I wasn't going to post because there wasn't a 'member working on their truck needing an answer' question.
Don't take offense, just trying to get the correct information on here.

And I'm not saying this is 100% fact either.

Either they had the bose or not.
If it had the bose, there were factory speakers in the dash and 4 doors, an external amplifier, and had the code UQA inside the glove box.
The non bose still had grill openings in the dash but no speakers inside. Only had the 4 door speakers powered by the radio.

While some of the bose systems said bose on the radio and some didn't, I'm fairly certain that if you don't have the UQA code, the radio is not bose.
As a matter of fact, I replaced the factory radio in my '05. It was from the bose system. I just went and got it, the radio has bose on the faceplate but the sticker on the side of the radio states - Delphi Delco Electronics Systems. So I don't think bose makes any of our radio's - just the amp and 6 speaker system designated by the UQA.

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
04Trailblazer said:
I was just wondering did Bose stereo's come in the LT's and LTZ's ? or was it just a certain year like 2005 or 2006, I did notice XM radio came out in 2005 because my Ex Step-monster had a 2006 TB LT with XM radio and Bose stereo. My 2004 has neither but still sounds pretty decent I guess lol. Just was wondering ,Thanks!

I drive a 2004 with Bose and XM.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
My '02 LTZ has the Bose system and says "Bose" on the actual head unit. Also, there are speakers in the grills up in the dash and in all 4 doors, for a total of 6 speakers. IDK if that helps, but thurrrrrr ya go.:thumbsup:

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
I have a 2006 and the BOSE was an option.

For somethign with the BOSE name, it's pretty unimpressive, IMO.

Ok enough for a stock stereo, but when it says BOSE, I expect more.

Chris

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
silverunicorn said:
For somethign with the BOSE name, it's pretty unimpressive, IMO.

I've never been impressed with anything Bose. Just empty marketing, IME. One thing I hate about my Bose unit in the Buick is that it goes from kinda comfortable to OMG THAT'S SOFA KING LOUD!#!@!! in just one or two turns of the volume knob.

I hear the Mark Levinson systems in some Lexuses are impressive for OEM units.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
strat81 said:
I've never been impressed with anything Bose.
Just like GM, they have their name on sh*tboxes and on very nice pieces of engineering.

The factory Bose 5.1 in the 900 trucks will match anything in the aftermarket; and, I'm sure the one in the Caddies will be even better.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
My dad just got a '12 Cadillac SRX with the Bose system and it is pretty impressive for a stock system. The TB was his old ride. As much as he likes his new Caddy, I still catch him eying my TB every once in a while...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online