Bosch fuel pump in an ACDelco box

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Replacing the fuel pump in my Envoy.

Chose an ACDelco pump or a Bosch as I've not been happy with Bosch recently.

Opened the box an I find a Bosch pump inside!

It had a Bosch pump in it already, I guess I see how long this one lasts.

Ad yes, I broke the filler neck on the tank!! I didn't remember to disconnect the hose at the metal filler tube instead!!

Using some JB plastic Weld putty. I'll see how long this works. I'm surprised that their are no aftermarket manufacturers of these tanks.

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
I bought it at the local auto supply store. It's the largest auto parts store in Western Canada, been in business for decades.

I'm going to call for a price tomorrow on a Bosch pump and if it's cheaper I want a refund.

Reactions: Mounce
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Actually.. I'm pretty sure but not positive.. Bosch makes the delco pumps.. I had the same thing happen when I bought mine. N even rock auto delco pumps show the Bosch tag on em.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Yeah I'm not for sure Garth.. It plugged right into my factory harness without the adapter that the airtex pump had on it. And since replacing it runs a whole lot better. So I guess only time will tell how they last lol

Reactions: Mounce

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
I spoke to the store manager who I've known for many years. I told him if I knew I would end up getting a Bosch pump in an ACDelco box I would have simply bought the cheaper Bosch pump in the first place.

He told me to bring in the ACDelco packaging and he will put a Bosch pump back in the box and refund me the difference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Staff Online

Members Online