Body lift ?’s for an ‘05

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I was just curious and I know it’s the cheesy and cheaper way but how good would it work out if I did a body lift in my ‘05 using hockey pucks? It’s an old way which I have done in the past but I’m curious if anyone else has tried it? How did you bring your bumpers up since they connect to the frame I believe? I was thinking of doing a 3 inch which would be three pucks a mount since they are a perfect inch, oh how many mounts are there,6?. Thanks guys

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
12 mounts. You can buy 3 inch spacers for what you spend on pucks and that is the cheapest part of the lift kit.

Its $100 in the grade 10.9 bolts you need for the body mounting.

No one sells the bumper brackets to move the bumpers separately. The front can be done and the radiator done with some pipe, but the rear bumper brackets could possibly found used if someone like me sold them, but you need to remember they hold the crossmember with the hitch so you want it right.

Biggest issue, you need a steering extension that Zone quit selling separately and no one else produces. So you are basically up a creek without a paddle.

You can maybe piece a kit together for 300 IF you find the people with parts and willing to sell them, but that will be rough. Or buy the Zone 2 inch kit for 350ish and have everything. There is no 3 inch for sale these days.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
12 mounts. You can buy 3 inch spacers for what you spend on pucks and that is the cheapest part of the lift kit.

Its $100 in the grade 10.9 bolts you need for the body mounting.

No one sells the bumper brackets to move the bumpers separately. The front can be done and the radiator done with some pipe, but the rear bumper brackets could possibly found used if someone like me sold them, but you need to remember they hold the crossmember with the hitch so you want it right.

Biggest issue, you need a steering extension that Zone quit selling separately and no one else produces. So you are basically up a creek without a paddle.

You can maybe piece a kit together for 300 IF you find the people with parts and willing to sell them, but that will be rough. Or buy the Zone 2 inch kit for 350ish and have everything. There is no 3 inch for sale these days.
Zone 2 is that the company? I haven’t lifted a truck in years and forgot all about the steering and moving the radiator 🤦‍♂️ damn it I thought this would be a piece of cake 😞.
Maybe I’ll just go the suspension route than.
Oh almost forgot if I get that kit you spoke of will I have everything I need for the steering, radiator, bumpers etc? Thank you very much for the help 😃

Zone 2 is that the company? I haven’t lifted a truck in years and forgot all about the steering and moving the radiator 🤦‍♂️ damn it I thought this would be a piece of cake 😞.
Maybe I’ll just go the suspension route than.
Oh almost forgot if I get that kit you spoke of will I have everything I need for the steering, radiator, bumpers etc? Thank you very much for the help 😃

Also what if I only went an inch or two would I need all that other stuff for steering, bumpers etc. thanks again

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It is Zone Offroad. 2 inch kit. Only one available andit has everything. I used it first before the 3 was developed with Mark n I.

Yes. You need to move bumpers any time and steering at 2 inches was needed, not sure on 1.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Help, I m installing the 3in lift , I bought the steering extension from zone 2years ago. I realize now that I need an extra bolt and a nut for steering extension. Can anyone please tell me what the recommended bolt and nut is, I have the existing bolt , was just going to get another identical and buy a nut to fit? Also steering extension only provides 1 7/8in extension.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I still haven’t done mine yet but my question for you is where do you get the steering shaft extansiin, where dod u get the kit and what are u planning on doing to raise your numbers? Than y because I really want to do mine asap

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You can not just buy the extension any more. You have to buy the Zone Offroad 2 inch kit to get it these days.

Reactions: WeaponX

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
You can not just buy the extension any more. You have to buy the Zone Offroad 2 inch kit to get it these days.
Is it expensive? I’m assuming it comes with everything needed? I must be doing something wrong but I did a search for it and can’t find it?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It took me about 8 hours solo. Its pretty simple.

You could add a puck, but then the bumper brackets are worthless and the bumpers wont line up. The trailer hitch is in the crossmember that the brackets realign. Also would need to create some radiator brackets.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
It took me about 8 hours solo. Its pretty simple.

You could add a puck, but then the bumper brackets are worthless and the bumpers wont line up. The trailer hitch is in the crossmember that the brackets realign. Also would need to create some radiator brackets.
Would I have to leave my leveling kit in that I have on the front? Or does this compensate for the factory dip?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You really need to look at what you are getting into. A body and suspension lift are completely different and separate entities.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Well my 3in installation is complete and I have never been happier. The steering extension is absolutely necessary. Ill be posting pictures of my back bumper where i simply lifted the plastic fascia 2in with dense foam blocks so that the rear steel bumper frame can stay right where it is. Im going to do something similar with the front.

yourfavdanek

Mar 13, 2019
Northwest Indiana
Pics? I just completed my pieced together 3” body lift and was fortunate enough to buy the rear relocation brackets off Joey in IN. Haven’t installed the bumpers yet. Got the last of barton’s 3” body lift winch-bumper kit from Joey too. Can’t wait to get it all together. Been a long time lurker. I may just relocate the front bumper in the meantime if it’s as easy as pipe. I looked at it yesterday and thought it shouldn’t be too hard for the front. Curious to see what you did with the rear. Mine is an 05 ext 4.2 4.10 w/ ss rear. I did the suburban steering shaft mod for the steering. CF2A3530-F9A2-4F71-9CA9-9D9D65C87462.jpeg
076ED148-7700-40FC-BEBA-D0C12746853A.jpeg0C8D711F-85F5-4433-8320-867FD1C96F05.jpeg

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
What is the highest body lift possible with the TB. I have installed the 3in spacers with the zoneoffroad 1 7/8 in steering extension. I would like to add another 1 in of hockey puck in there. The 190mm and 240mm bolts can handle the extra 1in but Im not sure the zone steering extension can handle it. Any thoughts ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Although that's not the mod community I pay the closest attention to, I haven't heard of anyone doing more than 3" of body lift on our platform.

Reactions: paul2005tb

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The physics of the body weight on a 4 inch block is why any sane person does not do it. I was offered by Mark years ago to help him create a 4 inch and I politely refused.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online