Body lift ?’s for an ‘05

WeaponX

I was just curious and I know it’s the cheesy and cheaper way but how good would it work out if I did a body lift in my ‘05 using hockey pucks? It’s an old way which I have done in the past but I’m curious if anyone else has tried it? How did you bring your bumpers up since they connect to the frame I believe? I was thinking of doing a 3 inch which would be three pucks a mount since they are a perfect inch, oh how many mounts are there,6?. Thanks guys

HARDTRAILZ

12 mounts. You can buy 3 inch spacers for what you spend on pucks and that is the cheapest part of the lift kit.

Its $100 in the grade 10.9 bolts you need for the body mounting.

No one sells the bumper brackets to move the bumpers separately. The front can be done and the radiator done with some pipe, but the rear bumper brackets could possibly found used if someone like me sold them, but you need to remember they hold the crossmember with the hitch so you want it right.

Biggest issue, you need a steering extension that Zone quit selling separately and no one else produces. So you are basically up a creek without a paddle.

You can maybe piece a kit together for 300 IF you find the people with parts and willing to sell them, but that will be rough. Or buy the Zone 2 inch kit for 350ish and have everything. There is no 3 inch for sale these days.

OP
OP
WeaponX

WeaponX

12 mounts. You can buy 3 inch spacers for what you spend on pucks and that is the cheapest part of the lift kit.

Its $100 in the grade 10.9 bolts you need for the body mounting.

No one sells the bumper brackets to move the bumpers separately. The front can be done and the radiator done with some pipe, but the rear bumper brackets could possibly found used if someone like me sold them, but you need to remember they hold the crossmember with the hitch so you want it right.

Biggest issue, you need a steering extension that Zone quit selling separately and no one else produces. So you are basically up a creek without a paddle.

You can maybe piece a kit together for 300 IF you find the people with parts and willing to sell them, but that will be rough. Or buy the Zone 2 inch kit for 350ish and have everything. There is no 3 inch for sale these days.
Zone 2 is that the company? I haven’t lifted a truck in years and forgot all about the steering and moving the radiator 🤦‍♂️ damn it I thought this would be a piece of cake 😞.
Maybe I’ll just go the suspension route than.
Oh almost forgot if I get that kit you spoke of will I have everything I need for the steering, radiator, bumpers etc? Thank you very much for the help 😃

Zone 2 is that the company? I haven’t lifted a truck in years and forgot all about the steering and moving the radiator 🤦‍♂️ damn it I thought this would be a piece of cake 😞.
Maybe I’ll just go the suspension route than.
Oh almost forgot if I get that kit you spoke of will I have everything I need for the steering, radiator, bumpers etc? Thank you very much for the help 😃
Also what if I only went an inch or two would I need all that other stuff for steering, bumpers etc. thanks again

HARDTRAILZ

It is Zone Offroad. 2 inch kit. Only one available andit has everything. I used it first before the 3 was developed with Mark n I.

Yes. You need to move bumpers any time and steering at 2 inches was needed, not sure on 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Cheryl’s Chevy
Top Bottom