NEED HELP Body harness

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Has anyone taken out the body harness that goes under the carpet? If so how hard was it? I was wanting to convert my seats to leather heated and have access to a parts trailblazer.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
I looked through that thread. What a mess he is in. I was planning on using an 06 harness in my 03, but ill locate an 03 slt so i wont go through what he is going through The problems he is having. Maybe ill try to wire up the heated seats some other way. Maybe sell the 06 seats and locate 03 leather seats

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could probably hook up the heaters with a switch and relays. Put them in series for low and parallel for high. Not fancy but would work.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
I've never wired to that extent before, but I have a lot of technical knowledge about electronics. Have an example I can go on?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nah, just an idea I had using the same wiring and relay setup I used with efans. I think that's how Dorman wires their aftermarket seat heaters.

I found this schematic for snowmobile heated grips that you could use. Instead of left and right grip, it would be back and seat.

circuit.jpg

Only thing though is that there is a third wire in each I believe (check schematics). One is for the sensor, which is the other issue is that if it overheats, it won't shut off and.... meltdown or fire.

I was thinking of doing this on my TB which doesn't have heated seats. I got the heaters from junkers and was going to add them to my stock seats.

But did you check too see if the wiring is there under the seat? Maybe all you need is to add the switches to the door modules.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online