BM2 / Battery Monitor users -- mine apparently died after FW update

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
(on edit -- thinking about it, I'm thinking it did connect / update once, randomly, during the period between the FW update and now -- maybe a week ago.
Next time I'm outside, I will disco / reconnect the module to the battery, so it can re-init)

A couple of weeks ago, I was alerted to an available firmware update for the BM2 module itself.
Updated it successfully (confirmation received, etc.)

Since then, I haven't been able to connect / refresh the connection / get new data.

I did:
- Re-pair the device via bluetooth (although using the QR capability is supposed to eliminate need to re-pair). I don't / won't use QR.
(If you're wondering what pairing code to use, '000000' worked for me. )

- Checked that BT was running
- Force stopped the app
- Checked for any updates in Google Play Store -- I'm current
- Checked physical connections (although I didn't disconnect -- maybe it needs to reinit -?)
- Placed the phone with app running within a couple of inches of the module
- Deleted the named BT device / MAC address in the app (and now I can't add it back, as it can't detect it

So... just a word of warning, if you get a 'firmware update' message through the app -- it may (?) brick the module, if you install it (you can decline / delay, although I don't know if there's a maximum # of days / requests to do so.)

I've had mine for at least a couple of years now. Sad to see it go... :sadcry:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I haven't used mine in months, although I do remember some difficulty getting it to connect for a while. I had already solved the mystery of my battery near-dying after 4 days of garage time (loose ground lug) so it wasn't critical.

Now I gotta go check... ⌛

ETA: I'm running firmware version 8, says that's the latest, and connected right away as I got close to the door to the garage. Guess I dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I should check mine. I have one permanently installed in the TB and another not currently connected. I know it did an update when I first got them. Always had issues connecting.

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Well, I tried my last idea, which was to disconnect the sending module from power and let it re-initialize. Didn't work.

"He's dead, Jim" 🖖

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online