Bluetooth static

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
After I installed my radio, I tried out the bluetooth, and while I dont have any static on my end, the people I talk to say they have lots of static and echo. How do i eliminate the static? I know there will be some echo because the mic will pick up on the speaker. I have the microphone mounted on the overhead console and the wire is running down the A Piller

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Ok, just to understand, you have installed a non oem radio with bluetooth.

And, it requires an external mic to pickup your voice, you hear the "called/calling" party through the vehicle speakers.

And, you are using your handheld cellphone.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Mine is mounted the same way, never issues with static. Might be picking up interference along the cable. Check to see if it crosses with any power wires.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
Mine is mounted the same way, never issues with static. Might be picking up interference along the cable. Check to see if it crosses with any power wires.

I have it running down the a-pillar and under the dash, I am wondering if I run it on top of the dash and down the same hole that the light sensor is will make a difference.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Try un-pairing and pairing it again. I have heard that putting the phone farther away from the Bluetooth device during the pairing helps because it will use a stronger channel due to the distance. Check for a firmware update for your phone.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Mooseman said:
Check for a firmware update for your phone.

Depending on the HU, there could also be a firmware update for that too.

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
I have my pioneer installed the same way, and it was in josuelt's old truck he never used it cuz of static and echo, like yours, come to find out the zip tie that was holding the unit to a bracket under the dash had popped the mic out a bit once installed in my truck no more problems

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
If its a pioneer, in the system menu while in bt mode there is a feature that allows you to cancel echoes

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online