Bluetooth OBD II Adapter Not Working or Connecting To Torque App

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
OK Guys i have a little problem here i had recently installed a new Android car Stereo in my car and i installed torque App on it so i can use the OBD Scanner thing the problem is the adapter is having power (red LED is On) But when i open the App to get a connection the app never recognize the Car Protocol or Profile it's connected ( as my Car PC show the Bluetooth Adapter connected in the Bluetooth section) But what ever i do i couldn't make read the PCM anyhow i thought the adapter is the Reason so i tested the adapter with another two cars of my friends and it works like a charm (using my Car PC Also) so i believe the problem in my car i even had a doubt that maybe my car Setero is the problem so i used an andriod phone to check it also it can't recognize the car so i searched a lot about the same in the internet and some said that the cigar Fuse #13 in the Front Fuse Box may be the problem so i checked it with a tester and the fuse is ok But While earlier i was installing my Car Stereo the Technician whom helped me noticed that my Cigar lighter is not working it has no power coming to it but the Adjacent 12 outlet is working fine so do you think it's related and what shall i do to make my adapter work, all the help here will be much appreciated.

thanks

N.B i am using this adapter

http://www.amazon.com/Vgate-Bluetooth-Scanner-TORQUE-ANDROID/dp/B00AAOOQJC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Sorry for the Thread address the Adapter is connected to the app it shows Adapter icon is constant but the Car icon keeps flashing or blinking

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
If your lighter plug is out you have a blown fuse, and it also powers the obd2 port. I'm not sure of the number, but the fuse is in the under hood fuse panel and will be listed on the cover as lighter. There are 2 fuses for lighter plugs.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
If the lights on the obd adapter are lit up, then there is power, but you may either have a bad ground or a broken data line somewhere.. have you tried a different scantool on your vehicle? (although unusual it may be your adapter that has a problem)..

I will attach the schematic for the dlc port so you can test the connections (there are only 3 to test).

What vehicles did you test the adapter in? i did see some comments about these adapters not working in some vehicles and not others, could be just a bad adapter.

Attachments

• 2002 dlc.png
    2002 dlc.png
    769.7 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Blckshdw

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
Don't rule out that it might just be a bad adapter or not want to work with our vehicles. I've been more miss than hit on getting a good adapter for our trucks. In torque, look under adapter status. Do you see Connection to adapter green, Connection to ECU "Warning" but the rest of the information populated under it?

I currently have 2 adapters that don't work with my 2010 cobalt or 2006 trailblazer but work with older chevy's and other makes. ELM 327 V2.1 always seem to give me issues, the older ones don't

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The OBDII port is powered by fuse #13 in the under hood fuse box.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
OK so this means i need to buy a new Adapter to confirm the problem that is good any recommendation for the Best adapter that works like charm with a trailblazer your suggestions will be really helpful to me.?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Or see if it works on another vehicle?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Check all your fuses with a DMM or test light. Visual is not always good (been there). Try another wired scanner to see if the port is good, which I would suspect or something else with the data bus. If you are getting power to the port as shown by coolasice and another scanner works, it could be something with the Bluetooth adapter, especially since you only get the power light and not the data light.

BTW, which Android HU did you get? I'm actually looking for one.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
coolasice said:
Read post #1

coolasice said:

coolasice said:
And have you not read in those threads where people have found that they have a faulty tool that does not work with out vehicles? I don't see it being the fault of the phone or Android device... the bluetooth adapters are faulty.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
I've used this one from Amazon for the last year n half with no issues.. It's always plugged into my port. It's sometimes slow at checking codes, but think that's more my phone than adapter.
BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_efRivb1RK0HDN

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I keep hearing of issues with the chips in them and other products that are clones or have a bad firmware that does not have the proper string in them.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I have both the cheap little blue eBay type and a usb Scantool compact, they both work perfectly fine wirh multiple vehicles.

Reactions: Theblackarrow

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
djthumper said:
And have you not read in those threads where people have found that they have a faulty tool that does not work with out vehicles? I don't see it being the fault of the phone or Android device... the bluetooth adapters are faulty.
i never said his headunit was faulty? he said it worked with other vehicles... that thread provides links to units with good track records... i bought one of the blue minis off ebay. works great...

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
OK Guys so i shall buy another new adapter just to make sure no worries i believe i will go with Midnyteryder196 Choice and buy the BAFX one as his car like mine LTZ so Hope it will work with no problem.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I also have the BAFX one, works in all the vehicles I've tried to use it in.

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online