Blower Motor Wont Turn Off

Kuchar09

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well the blower wouldn't turn off so I did a little looking online and figured the blower motor control module might be stuck so I unplugged it and the blowing stopped lightly tapped it with a hammer and plugged it back in. Now the blower don't turn on at all. Pulled the HVACB fuse and looked at it and was fine. So I'm assuming I need a new blower motor control module? Thought I read something about maybe even the power due to wiring change?

If it matters I have the digital AC controls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
When you pull out a hammer, electronic modules all cover their virtual nuts with their virtual hands in terror. Not the right tool.

Anyway, yours is toast. If the connectors don't look overheated, then replacing the module should be enough.

Kuchar09

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
When you pull out a hammer, electronic modules all cover their virtual nuts with their virtual hands in terror. Not the right tool.

Anyway, yours is toast. If the connectors don't look overheated, then replacing the module should be enough.

Yeah I know I'm going to school for electrical engineering, but you'd be surprised how often a good smack will fix computer/electronics. I was hopping there would be some kind of stuck relay or something but instead I found a burnt chip.

I found a thread where you said that they changed the module to a 5 wire design. This should still work with my blower correct? Just need to cut n splice the 3 input connections to the harness that comes with the module?

After looking at rockauto I see there's a ton of choices, is the the correct one I want?
ACDELCO Part # 1581773

Thanks for your help!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online