NEED HELP Blower Motor will not spin on ANY speeds

westripple

Original poster
Jul 2, 2019
Illinois
Hello, I have a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4WD. Two weeks ago my blow motor stopped spinning during a long drive. It will not spin on any speeds (1,2,3,4,5). I replaced the blower motor, tested the fuse, replaced the blower motor resistor, and then checked for a ground issue by running a wire from the resistor to ground. None of these have fixed my problem. I have confirmed that there is an issue that current is not getting to my blower motor for some reason. However, the ground seems to be okay, and the fuse is not blown. Could it be the switch in the dash? Could the switch have gone bad and not be giving current to the motor? Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

Even though you have largely done your repair very close to what @MAY03LT covers in this Video... it won't hurt to Download the Video and Watch everything he does... and perhaps you will see something different that you can use to take a second look at everything. If your Family Members are nearby... Please be aware that @MAY03LT 's Language can often be punctuated with a 'Large Pinch of Salt'.

Pay particular attention to his Wiring Diagram Explanations and to the Brand Name ACDelco ... as there have been many occasions where the replacement "Resistor Pack" or "Blower Motor Resistor" from NON-OEM Companies have Failed ...Right out of the Box:

For the benefit of your present and future Repairs... Nothing will prove more reliable as a Knowledge Resource than having a Digital Version of the GM OEM Service Manuals for your specific Year/Make/Model/. You can visit this Link to Download the one you need:

If you want to Quickly Access Historical Threads and Posts that focus on your specific problem situations... Use Google with expressions like these to readily access them:

gmtnation HVAC
gmtnation P0300
gmtnation 4L60E

...and so forth.

Last edited:

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Different platform, but I did have a fan switch fail in my GMC C1500. Only two of the 4 (5? been a few years!) speeds worked. Bought a new switch and had all speeds back. The speeds I used most, the middle ones, had failed.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online