Blower Control

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Having trouble with blower control all of a sudden. Went to start truck about 20 minutes after last use when everything was working and I have no fan for the climate control at all. I have the manual unit, not auto and get nothing on any of the speeds. I already checked fuse #35 and disconnected/reconnected the battery with no like. The AC compressor does engage when I turn the AC & fan on, just no fan.

Any suggestions?

Jason

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
the roadie said:

For some reason I thought I read somewhere that if it was the resistor pack that you will still have speed 5. Anyway, just went and picked up a new pack before the local auto store closed, but it did not come with a new pigtail. I asked them about one and they could not find it in their system. Anyone have a part number for it?
View attachment 20439

Attachments

• IMAG0263.jpg
    IMAG0263.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The connector can overheat and melt in such a variety of creative ways that ANY combination of speeds can fail and all it means is you have to replace the entire unit and often the pigtail, too. They also fail so often all good parts stores should keep the pigtails in stock. Dorman 645-702 is a popular one, but by all means not the only one. It's used in many other vehicles, so describing it to the parts counter person as the "damned stupid GM 7-pin blower resistor harness connector" should be more than sufficient to get him to cough you up a replacement.

Jason24

Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
the roadie said:
The connector can overheat and melt in such a variety of creative ways that ANY combination of speeds can fail and all it means is you have to replace the entire unit and often the pigtail, too. They also fail so often all good parts stores should keep the pigtails in stock. Dorman 645-702 is a popular one, but by all means not the only one. It's used in many other vehicles, so describing it to the parts counter person as the "damned stupid GM 7-pin blower resistor harness connector" should be more than sufficient to get him to cough you up a replacement.

Thanks for the fast and detailed replies. I will try to order / pick one up tomorrow.

Jason

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online