Blonde brain moment?

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Has anyone ever researched using different hubs/rear axle shafts on our trucks? As in using fs truck or Colorado front hub. And maybe Colorado rear axle shafts, i think fs would be too long, but a Colorado's width is close from looking at them on the street. My blonde brain was thinking this may work. No more 6x5 shit that way and no spacers. At least on a 2wd. Don't know if splines would be different for 4wd in front. Maybe even aftermarket axle custom drilled. I'd think rotors wouldn't be too hard to match up something. Everything else would be the same. I can't be the first to think of this, I wouldn't think.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It has been kicked around and not really doable. Cheaper and simpler to find wheels that can be custom drilled to our bastard pattern

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
HARDTRAILZ said:
It has been kicked around and not really doable. Cheaper and simpler to find wheels that can be custom drilled to our bastard pattern
OIC. Didn't see anything here on it. The idea just kinda popped in my head today. Seemed plausible. Didn't know if anyone had already researched it, or if I should look into it.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Tiggerr said:
OIC. Didn't see anything here on it. The idea just kinda popped in my head today. Seemed plausible. Didn't know if anyone had already researched it, or if I should look into it.
Popped into my head not more then 3 days ago, pretty much came to the same conclusion and just decided I will just run the Replica SS 22"s so I don't have to worry about anything.

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
I had thought about the SS repops but everyone has them. Plus mines a Buick. Didn't figure it'd look right. Probably just my ocd kicking in. I found some wheels I like, just can't find them for sale anywhere.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
here I am thinking my 17in rims are too big, want to get 16in steel instead and guys are putting 22in rims on a TB !!!!. Very interesting.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If you did 16 inch do the aluminum at least. Steel is heavier, and uglier. I have 16 inch aluminum as the stock wheels on my 02.

I looked at the front hubs on a silverado and they at least looked very similar to the TB front hubs. But even if they did happen to bolt right up (ha ha right) that still didn't handle the rear axles. In the end I decided it wasn't worth even looking at doing.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have a silvy front hub n it won't bolt up

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's what I figured. Just because they look similar in the pics doesn't mean much.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
paul2005tb said:
here I am thinking my 17in rims are too big, want to get 16in steel instead and guys are putting 22in rims on a TB !!!!. Very interesting.
I have the stock 16s from mine, if anyone is looking for some.

Reactions: paul2005tb

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online