Blinking LED to imitate alarm system

TonyT

Original poster
May 6, 2012
Any suggestions for fake blinking LED lights to make a druggie think you have an alarm system? Something to mount above the mirror facing out or maybe on the dash somewhere?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Just hook up a second alarm loudspeaker INSIDE the cabin. Even tweakers have ears.

If you mean to persuade them to not even break a window to get in, are you sure they would notice even ten blinking LEDs?

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
:iagree:

I don't think there is a way to equip your car with a touch sensitive alarm either.....and if you could, would you really want it (think bird poop)?

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I know the sensors on my alarm have adjustable sensitivity for both pre warn and alarm. I also have a dual zone sensor that detects differences in an electromagnetic zone. The second is used mainly for convertibles.

As for the light, I found a few different setups through Google

TonyT

Original poster
May 6, 2012
the roadie said:
Just hook up a second alarm loudspeaker INSIDE the cabin. Even tweakers have ears.

If you mean to persuade them to not even break a window to get in, are you sure they would notice even ten blinking LEDs?
Well, a previous vehicle had a bright orange blinking LED as part of the alarm system that was quite visible even in daytime so I was thinking a few of those would be nice and might help visually scare away the druggies. But I don't see anything that looks close on eBay.

Aha, figured out the right search words. Fake car alarm.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
the roadie said:

Check these out " Pain inducing siren " on Google.

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
cody_s said:
You can find fake alarm LEDs at autozone

+1 doubt it'd be more than $10

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My Camaro has a factory alarm light. It is in the defrost vent. During the day it isn't that noticeable but during the night you can see the blink.....blink.....blink of the red LED. It also has a shock sensor on it, if the car gets jostled around (say someone trying to tow it) The alarm will go off. Sometimes thunderstorms set it off, heh.

I'm thinking of maybe tapping into it somehow so while it is armed the starter or fuel pump is disabled (or both).

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Funny, I remember those from way back in the 1980's when car alarms were new and novel.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online