NEED HELP Blinker/headlight issue

mateo

Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Phoenix, Az
Hi all, I am in need of some help and hoping one of you can point me in the right direction. I have checked all the bulbs as well as replaced the tail light boards and checked the 27 point ground (pas side center console one) and still no luck. So my blinker is on hyper mode on the driver side and the headlight is dim and on my dash my driver side (ok typing driver side is already getting old so let it be known all this is ref to the driver side lol) blinker arrow is dimmly lit up and the tail light middle bulb is lit dimmly as well. When I turn from daytime running to just parking lights all is well and normal but with auto or on the thing blinks fast when I use the blinker (only on that side not the other). Has anyone else had this happen? First instinct was the relay under hood or the module under dash...replaced both and still have the issue. I did notice the other day that my cruse control is not working but not sure if they are related. I am leaning towards a grounding issue but feel like that maybe wishful thinking lol

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I would look through the wiring diagram below that you can download, from Mooseman. It sounds like a bad ground somewhere in the wiring.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Try replacing all the bulbs even if they "look" fine. I've had that with the turn signal indicator on dim and it was a shorted filament in a bulb.

Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Are you running LED lights anywhere in the system? They are known to cause that issue as well.

mateo

Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Phoenix, Az
Hi Guys sorry for the delay its been a rough time. Not only am I trying to tackle that issue on my 02 but also pulling the engine on my 06 along with dealing with my gf daughters 08 torrent. Ugh the fun just never stops. I have replaced all bulbs and they are all traditional bulbs (no led). I downloaded ALLLLL of the manuals that mooseman posted to my thumb drive and have them saved on my tablet as well. THANK YOU AGAIN MOOSEMAN!!!! :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup: I did check the 27 wire ground under the center console but havent had time to go through the manual to verify the other ground connection locations. I do think its probably a simple ground issue and plan on working on it more this weekend. Any advice Im all ears...or eyes lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online