Blend Door actuator

sweettsinger

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
Texas
I have a 2006 TB 4.2L LS. I accidently drained my battery and after recharging it the vent selector isn't working. I am going to go thru the steps to reset it tomorrow. Any idea which fuse# I need to pull? I don't have any that are labeled HVAC.
If that doesn't work I am going to replace the actuator.
I need to know which actuator controls the vent position. Is it the one under the driver side dash or the one on the passenger side? Also, is it the same part # for either side?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the reset, it's the HVAC-B fuse in the under rear seat box.
As for actuator locations:
a/c control issues 2005 TB (Front actuators/diagram)

Reactions: mrrsm

59840Surfer

Apr 19, 2020
Montana
After a dead battery ... or disconnecting the battery ... the HVAC Actuator motors can self destruct.

Old plastic gears and trying to reset themselves usually kills them.

Every time there's a break in battery-to-vehicle connection, they automatically do a reset ... so it's nothing you need ... or can do ... they'll do it automatically.

I believe you're wasting time on looking for a cure.

Our vehicles are getting old now and GM plastics are unusually poor in the first place ... especially when made by Bosch.

There's no magic here ........
..... you've most likely got a ruined plastic gearset inside one of the blend door drivers
..... and the only cure is replacement of that actuator
.... unless you find some brand new magic to make it work again.
.... which you won't
.... find a cure, that is
.... for broken gearteeth.

sweettsinger

Original poster
Aug 3, 2022
Texas
After a dead battery ... or disconnecting the battery ... the HVAC Actuator motors can self destruct.

Old plastic gears and trying to reset themselves usually kills them.

Every time there's a break in battery-to-vehicle connection, they automatically do a reset ... so it's nothing you need ... or can do ... they'll do it automatically.

I believe you're wasting time on looking for a cure.

Our vehicles are getting old now and GM plastics are unusually poor in the first place ... especially when made by Bosch.

There's no magic here ........
..... you've most likely got a ruined plastic gearset inside one of the blend door drivers
..... and the only cure is replacement of that actuator
.... unless you find some brand new magic to make it work again.
.... which you won't
.... find a cure, that is
.... for broken gearteeth.
Thank you! I'm taking it to my mechanic tomorrow to scan the actuators to see if we can figure out which one(s) it is!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Thank you! Unfortunately the link to the diagram isn't working! Is there another link that might work?

If you go to the thread link, scroll down to post #7, and it's there :twocents:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If you go to the thread link, scroll down to post #7, and it's there :twocents:

allactuators-orig.jpg

Joe_67

Aug 9, 2022
Central Virginia
IDK if you've been to the shop yet, but the fuse you're looking for is probably labeled "HVAC B" and is probably under the back seat on the passenger's side. (I say "probably" because mine is an '02 Envoy, but it should be the same on your 06 TB).

Pull the HVACB fuse (10A) for a minute or two. Plug it back in, start the truck and don't touch anything on the HVAC controls for a couple of minutes. See what happens. There's an automatic recalibration that it does after power has been lost (whether from battery or from the HVACB fuse), and if you interrupt that procedure it confuses the computer. (Of course, broken old plastic parts are also a potential problem).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online