Blend air door actuators

Trailblazen04

Original poster
Jul 3, 2014
Dalton ga
Im about to replace my actuators and was wondering if theres anything i need to know about before getting them in place and plugging them in. I would adjust the temp by reaching under the dash and moving the knob so i wouldnt mess with the temp controls anymore does it matter what there set to when i plug in?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The Trailblazers may have different GM OEM Part Numbers... but there is enough Good, Generic GM "Know How" in order to R&R these Actuators to make downloading and watching this video from Brian at Briansmobil1 Youtube Channel worth your while:

Please ...Do NOT Be Tempted to install Cheap, Aftermarket Blend Door Actuators if possible...but if you have to be frugal and do so... avoid putting in anything other than the ACDelco or Delphi Real Deal versions in the places with the Hardest Access to perform any R&R.

Trailblazen04

Original poster
Jul 3, 2014
Dalton ga
So i pulled the hvac b fuse and installed the actuators then reinstalled the fuse and turned the key on but i get no response from the actuators.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you have the Automatic Style HVAC Dash Control Panel... Try this Re-Calibration Procedure:

If you have the manual Style Dash HVAC Control Panel... Try this Re-Calibration Procedure:

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I edited Post #4 to include the Manual Re-Cal Instructions Video as well...

Visit THIS Link at GMTN...and Follow @Mooseman's Instructions on How to Download a Complete GM Digital OEM Service Manual as 'The Bible' to refer to for more In-Depth HVAC Repair Instructions... and Having a GM Tech 2 would certainly help in all instances of these kinds of repairs:

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Watch from 21:20 for the Re-Set Procedures:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher