Blackfire wet diamond

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
So I took the plunge and bought some bfwd paint protectant and let me just say WOW...Im used to using zaino and other products NXT 2.0 etc. This was expensive and I was feeling pretty stupid for buying it until I got a chance to use it. I applied it by hand and removed by hand with no other products involved. My steps were simple compared to most since my paint is only 3 months old at most so no claybar or anything was needed,I just washed with meguires was and wax and dried with microfiber towel(s) and applied this with a microfiber applicator pad and removed with a microfiber towel. This made a huge difference in shine and depth of paint if that makes sense. Also durability wise I'm not sure but I know I drove through dirty water roads on the way home 3 hours after applying the product and got home and today i wiped the dirty away any it literally just turned into black dust and wiped right off! Ive never seen that happen before with any other wax.

205_1_lw_4928.jpg

And the day after pics (not garage kept just carport)

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

DSCF0506.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0508.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Just to add,the 5th picture is of the roof and the roof has not been buffed at all and it actually helped the shine some. Same goes for the tailgate,the gate looks dull because it also needs wetsanded and buffed.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
it seems to really shine off the black!! Do you just apply that stuff after wax? Then wipe it?

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
you are supposed to claybar,use a cleaner to remove any extra contaminants then apply this wait 30 mins remove it,wait 24 hrs for the product to cure and activate then follow up with a wax. I am skipping the wax part because this alone should last 6 months and I can always apply another coat. It goes on real thin so I am sure I can do the truck atleast 10 more times.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Oh ok got it! how much did that bottle cost you? Did it take all of it? I need to do my car soon just been busy

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
16 OZ bottle was 45 shipped,sounds expensive but its a sealant so it also protects against UV etc too to help prevent fading,literally after it cured today when u run your hand on it its not just smooth it feel like my clear coat is made of glass if that makes any sense. I barely put a dent in the bottle and i went heavy in some spots,one bottle should do a GMT 10 times easily,and if used correctly that could be 2 years worth of waxing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online