Black EXT w\ White Accents, Want Opinions

DARKASS04EXT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I want opinions, good or bad. I was getting tired of the chrome 22" repos so i figured i'd try something alittle different. I did the face of the wheel in white and the inside of the wheels along with the lug nuts in black. I thought the inside being white also would of be alittle too much. The only white im planning on having is the bowtie,wheels, GMTN logos (in the back side windows) and a hood stripe(like Hardtrailz red stripe but in white:thumbsup:). The only other thing i thought about doing are some sort of brake caliper stickers for the EXT or something, the caliper etc are already black so logos would be white. Im about to place my order for the brakemotive setup also.

So whats everyone's thoughts? Should it stay or go? I want something different but dont want to look like a clown:crackup: I do not want a suggestion of a color such as cyber gray/gun metal etc.

Oh yea, its plasti dip so its not permanent.

Pics of before and after.....

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4413.jpg
    IMG_4413.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 28
  • tb hood.jpg
    tb hood.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 19

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
I'm not a fan of the white rims personally considering there's NOTHING else white on the truck...

Since you said you're already washing it weekly, I'm guessing keeping them clean shouldn't be too much of a problem... :undecided:

:hijack:
How'd you get your rear-end down?? As a fellow EXT'er, I'm coming to detest having my ass in the air so much... :rotfl:

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
I Really like the white! Does it put some funny faces on people? It looks great!:thumbsup:

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I think it will look bad-ass. I'd go for maybe a small spot of red on the rear end, like the TB letters or something. Other than that, I'd also get the very dark light covers, etc. for it. All black body, white with black wheels, the red stripe up front and a small note of red on the back, .... that's going to be a very good head turner.

Let's see it as you go!

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
I like the chrome wheels better, add a billet bowtie, black billet grilles, and flat black hood stripe might look good. Or ignore the hood stripe and paint all the plastics gloss black, black out the grille emblem and get a chrome billet grille. That would look good too. Just my opinion tho, not a fan of the white accents, no offense. If you wanted to try something different with the rims i'd suggest keeping the face of the wheels chrome, but have the sides of the spokes and the insides of the rims black?

DARKASS04EXT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
jham said:
Looks good to me will stand out but not in a bad way:thumbsup:
MAY03LT said:
I'm lovin the new look:thumbsup:
barron03 said:
TexazReece said:
:2thumbsup: I def like that look, just enough white to go with the black your ideas are on point bro :yes:

CdnGMan said:
I'm not a fan of the white rims personally considering there's NOTHING else white on the truck...
How'd you get your rear-end down?? As a fellow EXT'er, I'm coming to detest having my ass in the air so much... :rotfl:
Im not sure, as far as I know its stock. But I did buy it used. Im actually trying to line up a belltech drop in the near future but I keep having things come up out of the blue so well see how that goes.
03envoy said:
I Really like the white! Does it put some funny faces on people? It looks great!:thumbsup:
I only had it out for about an hour today, had 1 guy talk to me for about 15min. He liked the fact that the inside was black, he thought it made the white "pop" more.

Boog2006 said:
Liking the white! Been thinking of doing my stock rims but can't find white only black.
Go to DYC Home - Plasti Dip For Your Car - Resources & More at DipYourCar.com NEW Glossifier Thats where i got mine from. They have been swamped lately so you may want to call to verify that they received the order. I talked to both Bennett and Fonzie and they are both really helpful. I will give you a heads up that it may be alittle hard to get them on the phone, i think they need to hire another person. The glossifier only gave it about a semi-gloss finish, it says that more you use the glossier it gets. Any questions just ask.

mcsteven said:
I think it will look bad-ass. I'd go for maybe a small spot of red on the rear end, like the TB letters or something. Other than that, I'd also get the very dark light covers, etc. for it. All black body, white with black wheels, the red stripe up front and a small note of red on the back, .... that's going to be a very good head turner. Let's see it as you go!
Im sorry i wasnt clear in my post, i went back and fixed it. The hood stripe will be in white also. I actually want to VHT mt tails just havent done it yet. I want to mask off the circles for the lights and black out the rest. Then put a few coats over everything, thinking it may keep them dark but the lights would still be pretty bright.

DARKASS04EXT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
GotAir? said:
I like the chrome wheels better, add a billet bowtie, black billet grilles, and flat black hood stripe might look good. Or ignore the hood stripe and paint all the plastics gloss black, black out the grille emblem and get a chrome billet grille. That would look good too. Just my opinion tho, not a fan of the white accents, no offense. If you wanted to try something different with the rims i'd suggest keeping the face of the wheels chrome, but have the sides of the spokes and the insides of the rims black?

No offense taken, I want and can take the comments. I loved the look of the chrome, its just that i got them when they came out about 4yrs ago and kind of want a change. Plus i do have some chrome damaged from a curb. I wanted something that no one else around me had, i just dont see white on black. If i tried the black and chrome thing, would you leave they spokes only or the lip between the spokes to? I figured ill play with colors this summer and try to save for powercoat if thats what i decide.

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
DARKASS04EXT said:
No offense taken, I want and can take the comments. I loved the look of the chrome, its just that i got them when they came out about 4yrs ago and kind of want a change. Plus i do have some chrome damaged from a curb. I wanted something that no one else around me had, i just dont see white on black. If i tried the black and chrome thing, would you leave they spokes only or the lip between the spokes to? I figured ill play with colors this summer and try to save for powercoat if thats what i decide.

Well, at first i was thinkin the part between the spokes chrome, but now that i'm thinkin about it more and lookin at your top pic again, since you said you wanna change it up some since you've had it that way for a while, i actually think it would look really good with only the face of the spokes still chrome, since you would be blacking out the sides of the spokes, i do'nt think it would look right to have the angled part between the spokes chrome too since those areas kind of all tie together. It would also give the rims a pretty cool lookin chop when they are rollin too (if ya know what i mean) :thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
On a white SS, those rims would be awesome.. But it doesnt flow with the rest of the vehicle.. Black inlays going from the inside of the rim, and going out to the tire inbetween the spokes would look cool thou..

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
TollKeeper said:
On a white SS, those rims would be awesome.. But it doesnt flow with the rest of the vehicle.. Black inlays going from the inside of the rim, and going out to the tire inbetween the spokes would look cool thou..

:iagree: looks toatally different with those rims man :thumbsup: looks awesome though. :yes:

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
TollKeeper said:
On a white SS, those rims would be awesome.. But it doesnt flow with the rest of the vehicle..
I'm with him here. It looks good, but just doesn't fit the all black truck IMO. I like the original pic with them chrome better, but hey it's your truck. It def looks different though. Perhaps with some more white accents it would flow better to my eyes. Nice work though and sweet ride! :thumbsup:

DARKASS04EXT

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
rzawora said:
I'm with him here. It looks good, but just doesn't fit the all black truck IMO. I like the original pic with them chrome better, but hey it's your truck. It def looks different though. Perhaps with some more white accents it would flow better to my eyes. Nice work though and sweet ride! :thumbsup:

It is going to have some more white on it, i just havent had time to do that part yet.

Thanks everyone thats commented.

Boog2006

Dec 3, 2011
DARKASS04EXT said:
It is going to have some more white on it, i just havent had time to do that part yet.

Thanks everyone thats commented.

Definitely post up what white accents you do!

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
DARKASS04EXT said:

Im sorry i wasnt clear in my post, i went back and fixed it. The hood stripe will be in white also. I actually want to VHT mt tails just havent done it yet. I want to mask off the circles for the lights and black out the rest. Then put a few coats over everything, thinking it may keep them dark but the lights would still be pretty bright.

White stripe or red still sounds pretty good. I still like the idea of just the trailblazer logo in red. Black out the Chevrolet, the Bowtie (does it have one on the back?), but make the word TrailBlazer in a medium to dark red. I think this would look hot!

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Hey DARKASS04EXT, Do u have any close pics of the wheels and did u get around to adding anymore white accents

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online