Bilstein B8 or BDS NX2 or Rough Country N3 for lifted TB?

ghost_leader07

Original poster
Dec 18, 2019
UAE
Hi,

I have a 2004 Trailblazer 4WD and i'm in the process of lifting and upgrading the suspension, i have already bought:
-3"+2" lift kit from Supreme Suspensions
-1.5" hub centric wheel spacers
-17" wheels 8.5J with +12 offset
-Moog upper control arms
-Sway bar links -bushings -inner & outer tie rods -upper and lower ball joints

With a decent amount of research (online and gmtnation) i have managed to narrow my options to:
-Bilstein B8 5100 ($110 per shock)
-BDS NX2 ($100 for both)
-Rough Country N3 ($100 for both)

I have no experience with either of these shocks but i know Bilstein is the top tier brand but it comes at a premium price, i'm not an extreme offroader, my truck would spend the majority of its life on the road with occasional sand and trail trips.

I'd appreciate any input on what would be best for my application for both performance, ride quailty and durability.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I'd go with the Bilsteins. The 4200 was a great shock for stock or slightly lifted.

Reactions: ghost_leader07

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Thanks Matt, do you have any experience with either BDS NX2 or Rough Country N3? the pricing is kinda tempting NGL.

No mate I don't. I went Bilstein because they are one of, if not the best. I know $$ but buy once, cry once.

Reactions: ghost_leader07

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I would tend to agree. IIRC (it has been many years now) the others work OK, however they don't have the lifespan of the Bilstein. So on average it comes down to spend it all now and do the work once, or spend half and do the work now, then spend the other half and do the work a second time later.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online