Bilstein 5100 strut front and back?

giodesousa93

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Rhode Island
Hey everybody, new to the forum. long tim lurker of the older sites like trailvoy.

But i found these: bilstein shocks and could any body tell me if i could use these in the front in combo with mark Mc's 3" suspension lift?

i drive a 2003 Trailblazer EXT 4.2 4wd

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I don't have experience with them, but it has been mentioned that you could adjust these and get the desired ride height close to what Marks kit provides.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You cant do over 3 inches of lift. So combining is possible, but does not really add anything.

Also if you don't have Marks lift, you wont get one cause he does not sell them anymore.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good deal.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I ran the 4600 with the 3 inch prtotype kit and 88s for Mark and had no issues.

The 5100 are so new that you likely wont find much data on them. If you leave them on the lowest 0 lift setting, in theory they should be better, but I do not think its been done.

Reactions: giodesousa93

giodesousa93

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Rhode Island
I'm not saying I wanna go rock crawling or full blown mud bogging. But I want a capable shock/strut. I'm gonna be using Hankook Dynapro 265/70/17 rf10 All terrains. If I don't like the height I'm gonna go with a 2-3" body lift.

Also I have the EXT so are there heavier duty springs for the front or am I maxed out spring wise cuz I read the 89 springs are an upgrade but I think my EXT has them factory?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Your ext does not have them factory. You likely have an 84/85 at the most. You can go with the moog 114 or 87s if you want heavier duty (cause i think the 88 and 89 are not available these days), but without a winch and bumper weight it will top out the struts a bunch.

You can not buy a 3 inch body lift anymore and not all the parts are available to build one. You have to buy the 2 for steering extension. Then another 100 plus in bolts and spacers and then you still wont have the bumpers up to height yet. But you could build some to match the 3 inch.

Either 4600 or 5100 will be just fine from the sounds of your intended usage though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Unless you want to build some pieces to get a 3 inch and add the additional prolly $200 in cost after you buy the 2 inch kit cause either way you have to buy the Zone kit for the steering extension.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Yes because they have a longer rest and travel than the 4600...I have the 4600 on a 2" lifted and they aren't long enough.

Reactions: giodesousa93

giodesousa93

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Rhode Island
Yes because they have a longer rest and travel than the 4600...I have the 4600 on a 2" lifted and they aren't long enough.

Thanks man, this is exactly why I joined this forum, I need the knowledge and don't wanna have to redo it over and over, was always told "buy once" so that's what I'm trying to do...

Eventually I wanna go with the 6.0 swap but that's the end goal.

Reactions: Matt

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Don’t mean to hijack, but when researching the 5100 series Is this the strut you are referring to? I’ve had a lowered TB for upwards of 4 years now. She’s not anywhere near show quality anymore so I want to have fun with her now. If I stick these on in place of my -2 inch bell tech struts, this will guarantee me stock height + up to an extra 2 inches correct? https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/bilst...4063253890__aud-257756409104:pla-485172048694

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Awesome @Matt i owe you one brother!

Reactions: Matt

WonderboyT

Dec 6, 2018
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys, I am looking for a 3" suspension lift/leveling kit for my 2005 GMC Envoy. So far this is the only thing I have found close to it that is still available:

https://supremesuspensions.com/prod...k_chevy~md_trailblazer&variant=12868766761040

I am looking to run XD Xd778 18x9 18 with Nitto Trail Grappler 275/70 but I am not sure if I will get the clearance that I want with the 2-1/2" Front with 2" Rear lift from supreme. Here is an example from custom offsets that I am trying to match:

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...lblazer-xd-xd778-bilstein-suspension-lift-3in

Lastly, giodesousa93 I also considered doing the swap to an LS, but upon reading all over trailvoy and GMTnation and consulting my mechanic father, the juice isn't really worth the squeeze due to several things that I'm sure you've read about unless you have plenty of time and another vehicle to drive in the meantime. I don't because the Envoy is my daily driver. Upon some research, the Vortec 4200 has a lot of untapped potential. Take a look at the thread below and see what you think:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/capotes-4-2l-turbo-build.18239/

I am in the planning stages of my build, but by the end I will have a balanced and blueprinted block, stock crankshaft, forged connecting rods from Molnar, forged pistons from Wiseco, a polished and ported cylinder head and an intake and turbo setup similar to the one seen in this article, here. With an upgraded tranny from monster you've got a direct bolt in 450+ rwhp setup with half of the headache. Update the gears in the rear with something more robust, flash the PCM for all of the upgrades and it'll be time to party. I've considered making it more of an SS style vehicle, but I think I would rather have some fun with it and do the small lift instead to take it offroad even though it's a 2WD (although I have considered a 4WD conversion, but that's a whole other conversation).

What do you guys think?

HARDTRAILZ what suspension setup are you running? I like the ride height of the picture you have on your profile. Also do you have a link to the details of your build? I am new to this website so apologies for my ignorance and thanks to all the contributors of the thread for the good info.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
HARDTRAILZ what suspension setup are you running? I like the ride height of the picture you have on your profile. Also do you have a link to the details of your build? I am new to this website so apologies for my ignorance and thanks to all the contributors of the thread for the good info.
He has a 3 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift.

giodesousa93

Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Rhode Island
Sorry to Necro post stuff came up and had to sell the lift tires.

If I went Bilstein 5100 all the way around with a 3" lift front and rear with spacers

You think a 255/75/17 would fit and look decent?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online