Biggest Tire on Stock Wheel?

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
post #4 and #9 in this thread give just about every newb all they need to know as far as max tire size.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cable810 said:
He also said If I really wanted to get a bigger tire I would have to get bigger rims, which I don't have the money for.

the roadie said:
And he's back to being wrong.....:no:

Sort of wrong, but he may have meant bigger, as in width. Most tires over 265 width require a wheel wider than our 7 inch stockers.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
HARDTRAILZ said:
Most tires over 265 width require a wheel wider than our 7 inch stockers.
Ahhhhh, true. Thx for making that point. Many of them are spec'ed for 7.5" to 9" rim width, but I've been argued at that the difference between 7" and 7.5" is too small to worry about. My response is usually: "Do you want to argue that point after you have an accident and the plaintiff's lawyer finds out that you installed tires in violation of the manufacturer's posted requirements?" :frown:

Then the OP would be into wheel spacer territory, and if new wheels are out of the budget, then so would be wheels AND spacers.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Ahhhhh, true. Thx for making that point. Many of them are spec'ed for 7.5" to 9" rim width, but I've been argued at that the difference between 7" and 7.5" is too small to worry about. My response is usually: "Do you want to argue that point after you have an accident and the plaintiff's lawyer finds out that you installed tires in violation of the manufacturer's posted requirements?" :frown:

Then the OP would be into wheel spacer territory, and if new wheels are out of the budget, then so would be wheels AND spacers.

I can afford MarMc Wheel Spacers. Just I really dont want to have to get wheel spacers.

jkdubz

Dec 27, 2011

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 27

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I love my wheel spacer/adaptors. Having the options a 6x5.5 pattern allows has been one of the best mods I have done to my truck...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online