Big midwest meet for 2014-any ideas?

cyberpunk

Apr 12, 2013
Have to see what my job has for me that weekend usually I work the first saturday of each month will know here soon though.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
K I did my part setting up the poll, time for the next guy to figure out the details of exactly where we'll be :biggrin:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I talked to matt about 1 1/2 weeks ago and just been waiting on a date. He was talking about having it at the car museum in auburn if they allow us. The auction park idea sounds awesome but u gotta pay.....fuk dat. I can get a hold of him and talk some more details.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
June 6-7 sounds good to me...a bit late for the midwest, but that's OK.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
June 7 and 21 weekends do not work for me. I can probably make any others work.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wishbone said:

C'mon man.....u gotta be there!!

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Need something one the west side of the midwest!! lol April-Nov is packed with work for me, i cant take off to Indiana.. but if something was closer to the west side i would deff be up for it for the weekend :smile:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Wishbone said:

What could you possibly have on that weekend that is more important than a GMTN meet :raspberry:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Double Post, Delete

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
A Colorado meet would be so much nicer. I know of some decent trails, with off trail camping, and close to hotels.. But in the last 5 forums I have been on, I can never get anything further west than Stink Pit, IN, I mean Terra Haute IN.

Theres the Great Sand dunes, Engineer Pass in Ouray, Hurricane Pass in Silverton.

Than stuff closer to Denver.

Argentine Pass, Bill Moore Lane, Caribou Flats, Jenny Creek Trail, Kingston Peak, Mammoth Gulch, Moffat Road, Russell Gulch, Spring Creek Trail, Waldorf Trail, Hells Canyon, Devils Pass, Loch Lomond, Lefthand Canyon, Jones Pass, Oh-My-God Road, Apex Road, Yankee Hill Road, and 50 more named roads that I can think of. And then there are the onces that don't have a name. I have done a couple of these trails on a ATV.

Just a pipe dream to get you guys out this way thou..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Midnyteryder02 said:
Need something one the west side of the midwest!! lol April-Nov is packed with work for me, i cant take off to Indiana.. but if something was closer to the west side i would deff be up for it for the weekend :smile:

We had a good sized quad cities meet in 2011 maybe. I would be up for that probably. Biggie and Voltage were big in setting it up.

TollKeeper said:
A Colorado meet would be so much nicer. I know of some decent trails, with off trail camping, and close to hotels.. But in the last 5 forums I have been on, I can never get anything further west than Stink Pit, IN, I mean Terra Haute IN.

Theres the Great Sand dunes, Engineer Pass in Ouray, Hurricane Pass in Silverton.

Than stuff closer to Denver.

Argentine Pass, Bill Moore Lane, Caribou Flats, Jenny Creek Trail, Kingston Peak, Mammoth Gulch, Moffat Road, Russell Gulch, Spring Creek Trail, Waldorf Trail, Hells Canyon, Devils Pass, Loch Lomond, Lefthand Canyon, Jones Pass, Oh-My-God Road, Apex Road, Yankee Hill Road, and 50 more named roads that I can think of. And then there are the onces that don't have a name. I have done a couple of these trails on a ATV.

Just a pipe dream to get you guys out this way thou..

If it was not so far, I would be there in a heartbeat.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
We had a good sized quad cities meet in 2011 maybe. I would be up for that probably. Biggie and Voltage were big in setting it up.

If it was not so far, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Exactly.....it takes around 16 hrs to get to Denver from where I am.(driving) My grandmother lives there and we used to go there every other year to visit. Man what a long ass haul.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just talked to Matt. He has the day off tomorrow SO he's gonna call around and find out if we can "hang out" at the museums parking lot. If not....we can find another hang out. There are many places that have nice lots. Stay tuned.......oh and a new member is gonna join us at the meet. My 7 y.o. son Trenton. He's excited to wear his gmtnation shirt. Anyone else bringing any kiddos??

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Aight gents, what's the dates and location this year?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
June 6-8 is the winning date. Auburn indiana is the location.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
I'll be there!

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
I'll have a new bumper cover and fogs hopefully by then

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Just a standard one with fogs. I ripped mine up on a snow bank

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
jrSS said:
C'mon man.....u gotta be there!!

My grandsons birthday is that weekend, I'm sure there will be festivities that cannot be missed. I'll leave it as a maybe for now, but don't count on me realistically. :frown:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
DDonnie said:
I'll be there!

alright Donnie :wootwoot:

Wishbone said:
My grandsons birthday is that weekend, I'm sure there will be festivities that cannot be missed. I'll leave it as a maybe for now, but don't count on me realistically. :frown:

c'mon Jay! wont be the same without you bro :frown:, but understandable

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'll be there:cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online