Best place to get replacement headlamp assemblies for 07 LT.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Guys,

It's time to replace my checked and pitted headlamps. Can anyone recommend the best place to get a set of assemblies for my 2007 LT?

Thank you all in advance! Have a great evening!

Respectfully,
George D.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Basically ebay or amazon and they do not come cheap. They were far less common and cost several times the ss/ls lights housings.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could also try boneyards for a decent set that you can polish up if yours are really that bad.

l008com

Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I bought mine here. I searched high and low and this was the best price for a brand new set I could find:
http://www.autolightsbulbs.com/2006-2009-Chevy-Trailblazer-Headlight-Assembly/K1114605.aspx

Of course, one came with the insides loose. I had to pay to ship it back, and it turns out headlights are very expensive to ship. So at the end of the day, I should have just went to auto-zone. But if I hadn't gotten a DUD, that would have been a good deal.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nice. Do you have a link to them?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Found a link, as I suspected, that center section can be illuminated as a DRL.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They been posted on FB on n off for a bit, but I just can't like em.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm not a fan of that DRL section, so I'd be modding that somehow. Looks like a cheap Lambo knock off. :hahano:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I kinda thought it looked like reflective tape when on or off. Like a gov't vehicle safety add-on.

• Haha
Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Looks to be more like a Volvo rip-off with their Thors Hammer DRL, or that's what I think it's called! Hence the reason asking for night shots 😊. Also the indicator looks really dim compared to the DRL, isn't that an issue, cause I remember reading that if the DRL and indicators are in the same assembly, the DRL should dim or turn off when the indicator is on?!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
DRL are just the low beam on these 360s typically...

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A lot of vehicles use the turn signals as DRL, including the 9-7x (although that eventually results in burnt lenses). It does involve a bit of work circuit-wise to make it work but is doable. I wouldn't do it with anything other than LEDs due to the heat regular incandescent bulbs produce.

I'd probably mod them to make them look like hockey sticks :laugh:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My DRL are the marking/turn lights on my TA. They do require pretty frequent bulb changes.

matty8412

Jun 27, 2019
Canada
Does anyone know if there are companies that make aftermarket headlights for 06 tb LT EXT? My headlights do not have the grill that extends onto the headlights. Or am I just better getting LED bulbs to replace the factory halogen bulbs? If LED's are my best option, what brand would you suggest?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gonna merge your thread with an existing one from earlier this year, just to keep the conversation together. As previously posted, check Ebay and Amazon, but the options aren't cheap. Are your housings just faded and hazy, where you could polish them out? Or do you have spider cracks?

matty8412

Jun 27, 2019
Canada
Gonna merge your thread with an existing one from earlier this year, just to keep the conversation together. As previously posted, check Ebay and Amazon, but the options aren't cheap. Are your housings just faded and hazy, where you could polish them out? Or do you have spider cracks?

I just want to change the look of them a bit. I know they sell the headlights with Halo and LED strips but they only make them for the models that have the extended grill going through the headlight. I have the polishing kit at home. Just figured I'd try to see what options I had out there first

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you scroll up, you'll see the only option we've seen for the 06+ LT models. Some like it, some don't. Depending on how much modding you're willing to do, you could open them up and customize them a bit. :twocents:

Reactions: matty8412

matty8412

Jun 27, 2019
Canada
If you scroll up, you'll see the only option we've seen for the 06+ LT models. Some like it, some don't. Depending on how much modding you're willing to do, you could open them up and customize them a bit. :twocents:

Ya, I just really like the look of the grill that is on my TB compared to the extended grill. but i do like the new lights that Carid sells but they dont have the ones for my TB. So my wife decided to get the headlight repair kit and boy do those lights look brand new.. Thanks for responding back

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online

No members online now.