Best part lists and schematics.

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
Shopping for parts can be difficult. The part lists on the GM sites seem to be not complete, and the schematics are just ridiculous.

Look at this schematic for a GM fuel pump (listed on an GM OEM parts site.)
Screenshot_2020-07-23 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer Parts - Fuel pump Assembly - 19153374.png

This image is a complete joke.

Anyone know where to find the most complete parts catalog with quality schematics?

Chemman

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
I've found the pictures of parts on the ACDelco auto parts catalog website to be pretty good

Also the images on rockauto.com are helpful as well.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
I've had no luck down-loading those PDFs (my computer just doesn't want them,) and the 2006 4.2L is not included. Do those manuals have complete lists of parts, with part numbers and schematics?

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No, not the part numbers. The 2004 wiring schematics can be used, that's what I've used for my 05, and everything has matched up.

coolride

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
Yeah, wiring is different than a parts schematic.

Here's an example of a somewhat decent one. From a European web site that isn't a real source for OEM Chevy parts.
tb147.png

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think some of us refer to those as an exploded diagram. There used to be a site years ago that was searchable, and great for these, back in the Trailvoy days. But the company that ran the upkeep on it dissolved or something, and no one bought the database it was stored on. It was really a shame. :sadcry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It's tough to track down, but there's a "GM Service Information" virtual machine image floating around the internet, in a Torrent file if you're familiar with those. I don't know if the legit DVD application is for sale anywhere still, but that would give you the exploded diagrams you're looking for in a searchable, web based, database. It covers vehicles from 1980 to 2009. :twocents:

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
I think you need to "filter" your search with "DVD" as I am not sure a cd can handle the amount of data needed. Further, IF you are lucky, some on ebay provide a "full" reference to all models for the years shown. Having said that, I see most have been "tuned down".... :-(

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.