Best head unit options

gdotsolo

Original poster
Jul 18, 2019
Toronto
hey guys sorry I'm new here. i checked around search did find some answers but ill ask the experts now. has any one had great success retaining the the rear controls and head phone jacks with aftermarket decks also if its works easier i would also just be interested in swapping out the old cd/tape deck to the hem gmc navigation screen if its just plug and play as i can just stream the audio from my phone to the fm transmitter with good enough quality for me

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
To the Rear Audio controls, I dont have an answer.

The Nav swap is plug and play as long as you get the correct unit for your vehicle. The is Lux, Non-Lux, and I believe a non-amplified version. It would all come down to what year your truck was made, and if you have a certain option code in your build sheet (which is located on the inside of your glovebox door).

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
If you're installing an aftermarket radio then there's no way to retain the rear controls. If you're installing the OEM nav radio, then that should retain the rear controls since it was a factory available configuration. The rear controls transmit signals through the data bus, so the OEM radio should be able to work with it since it's also connected to the bus.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There are one or two adapters that would work however they are fairly pricey. Check at PAC Audio. There's Metra but I don't recommend them as they are failure prone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online