Best Brand transmission fluid?

bsparks

Jan 6, 2014
Hello folks. New guy here. :smile:

Whether I'm going to drop the pan and change the filter, or just want to do a partial change as though I were going to drop the pan, I highly recommend one of these:

Amazon.com: Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus: Automotive

Step 1 - drive for 5 or 10 minutes to warm up the fluid, so it will flow.
Step 2 - insert tube in dipstick tube, and pump a few times.
Step 3 - watch fluid go into the MityVac container, pumping a few times along the way.
Step 4 - when it sputters because it has drained as much fluid as it can get to, look at the Mityvac container and see how much came out
Step 5 - replace that much fluid if just doing a swap, or then proceed to drop pan (with almost no fluid in it) and replace filter first.

I wish I had bought one of these many years ago.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Got this done last night,seems like pan only holds about 5 QTS but I need to check it again today. The old fluid was slightly red still but smelled like hell,the dipstick tube was the hardest part lol.

eutechnyx

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Oh I did notice this tube from gm Is a little shorter than the last one. I guess its not an issue with accuracy?

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Are you saying you replaced the indicator tube and the indicator? or just the tube?

I have to say that I cannot really get mine to read right warm. mine reads full cold (running, after going through the gears, in park), but reads high if I try to read warm like you are supposed to. probably something wrong someplace, but it seems to run just fine.

with the five quarts added, start and run through the gears, with it running in P, where does your indicator read?

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Silly rabbit everyone knows Amsoil makes the best transmission fluid and the distribution center is in Orlando too.

So how does it run on the new fluid and what did you use?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online