Belltech Drop Struts now noise on drivers side front

palitoiii

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
So I installed the drop struts this past Saturday. I already have the belltech 2" lowering spring in the front. Tony told me to put 2 16mm on each side. Drove around. Didn't like it.. It's not stiff or absorbs the bumps good enough. Tony told me i need to put the stock OEM spring in the front. So I ordered them from Rockauto. Ill be getting them this Saturday. But now I'm getting a vibration/ Thud, thud, thud on my drivers side now. I feel it in the gas pedal and steering wheel also. The thud noise Comes and goes. When i go over slight bumps feel it a lil. But definitely when I'm making right turns. I know i tightened and double checked that all bolts were tight when putting the struts. I wonder if its that drivers side axle as the inner boot cracked (has a slight in the rubber) 2 months ago and grease has gone everywhere? I cleaned it up on saturday man was it a lot go grease. Or can it be the inner inboard axle bearing? It can't be my stabilizer bar end like cause i checked those to be sure they were tight. Or can it be i have a bad strut?

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
after the boot cracked did you go out and buy a speedie boot and a new grease packet to replace it?

palitoiii

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
No I did not get a new boot. I actually have a axle brand new in a box.. I was gonna put it on but I'm not gonna mess with that.. I wonder if there's a write-up on how to do it. If not gonna give it to my mechanic.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Well thats gonna be my first guess is the u joint in the cv is dry and grinding if not already broke and thats making your noise sorry for the luck

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.